• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Albums of 2007

Bon Jovi - Lost Highway (hits the stores 19th of June)
Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing (will be out 16th of April)

i've heard that REM is going to record a new album.. i'm not quite sure if the rumour has been confirmed.. personally, i can't wait to hear some new REM songs!!

Michael Jackson is recording a new album set to release late '07 - early '08.

The album will flop in America and sell like hotcakes internationally. And the circus continues.......

Definitely. The album will sell most in the UK. I'm buying it, regardless.

Looks like I was wrong about Garbage not making that greatest hits album. According to the band's website, Absolute Garbage will be released July 16th. A bonus CD full of remixes (no B-sides, sadly) is included. There's also going to be a DVD release with music videos, interviews, and live footage.

Looks like I was wrong about Garbage not making that greatest hits album. According to the band's website, Absolute Garbage will be released July 16th. A bonus CD full of remixes (no B-sides, sadly) is included. There's also going to be a DVD release with music videos, interviews, and live footage.

Ooo! Fantastic! I know what I want for my birthday. :D

Out of all the stuff I bought this year, the best was:

nine inch nails ~ year zero
Cowboy Junkies ~ At the End of Paths Taken
Tori Amos ~ American Doll Posse
Nile ~ Ithyphallic

My favourite CDs of '07:

Interpol - Our Love to Admire
Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
The Cinematics - A Strange Education
Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City
Afghan Whigs - Unbreakable: A Retrospective
Twilight Singers - A Stitch in Time EP
The Killers - Sawdust

Biggest disappointment:
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist. Many of the earlier Pumpkins albums are very impressive (I particularly like Siamese Dream and Machina), but Zeitgeist is IMO mostly empty noise. It doesn't help that only half the original band was involved in the reunion.

I was really looking forward to Linkin Park's new album, Minutes to Midnight. It was definately worth the wait.
I really enjoy their music simply because it's different, has an underlying message and it's just catchy. All of their albums have been great investments. I don't think there's one song of theirs I haven't liked. Same goes with their counterpart Mike Shinoda and his Fort Minor concoction.

Back