• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Albums of 2007

Anamnesis

Are there any albums that you're looking forward to this year? Seeing as I'm very picky about the music I listen to, there are only two that I can think of:

-Dead Again by Type O Negative. Tentative release date: March 13th, 2007.

-Nine Inch Nails' new album (untitled for now). Tentative release date: some time in the spring.

Chinese Democracy by Guns n' Roses. Just to see if it has been worth the wait. I doubt it. But we'll see.

Chinese Democracy by Guns n' Roses. Just to see if it has been worth the wait. I doubt it. But we'll see.
You mean you actually think that will be released in 2007? :confused:

THE BREEDERS ARE RELEASING A NEW ALBUM! :D :D :D

Also:
Grinderman (best Nick Cave album since 2001)
PJ Harvey, obviously
Lucinda Williams
Magnetic Fields
White Stripes (though my expectations are lower than ever there)
Radiohead (ditto)
Frida Hyvönen
Spiritualized

Plus hopefully a bunch of records I haven't heard of yet.

EDIT: Also, Scarlett Johansson is apparently releasing an album of Tom Waits covers. I don't know if I'm looking forward to that, but I have to hear it.

LOL-Watch the Guns N' Roses album be dealyed...again. Maybe another fashion guy needs to kick the crap out of Axl Rose.:rolleyes: In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to Norah Jones and her release on the 30th.

LOL-Watch the Guns N' Roses album be dealyed...again. Maybe another fashion guy needs to kick the crap out of Axl Rose.:rolleyes:

My guess is that it will be posthumously released roughly 48 hours after Axl Rose's death, whenever that may be. That way, he can finally stop tinkering with it, and no critics will dare pan it TOO badly.

In related news, Kevin Shields promised in a recent interview that My Bloody Valentine will actually release a new album at some point. While that's about as likely to happen as, oh, say, Chinese Democracy (and as likely to be any good), the fanboy in my heart did skip a beat or two at that.

I guess I can add The Cure's upcoming album to the list (if it does get released in May):

The Cure frontman Robert Smith is facing a writers block again. Due to this the new Cure album is delayed until May 2007. Apparently Smith is struggling to come up with lyrics to some of the 33 new songs the band has recorded for its 14th studio album. With the band going on tour in March, the pressure is quite strong for 47-year-old Robert Smith. "I want them (the words) to mean something, it's not enough that they rhyme," Smith told Reuters in a recent interview. "I find myself stopping short and thinking I've done this before, and better. I've given myself a deadline to finish the words before Christmas. If I don't I should be shot," he said. The band will do without a keyboard player after Roger O'Donnell quit last year.

Information taken from www.side-line.com.

I'm looking forward to the NIN disc in April as well. Don't forget their live dvd coming out 2/27. I saw them on tour and it was great.

The only Type O Negative that I own is Bloody Kisses. I haven't listened to anything by them since.

I'm also looking forward to the Bryan Ferry disc of Dylan covers.

I saw Guns n Roses live back in November and of the 4 new songs they played, I loved 3 of them. Especially the one called Better.

I'm looking forward to the NIN disc in April as well. Don't forget their live dvd coming out 2/27.

Ah, forgot about that. I hope Trent gets around to finishing the Closure DVD that was supposed to come out around... 2005 maybe? I could always get the VHS version, I suppose.

Not long now until the Adjágas album. Thankfully. I hate knowing something is coming and I can't quite have it yet...it's those last few days.

Ah, forgot about that. I hope Trent gets around to finishing the Closure DVD that was supposed to come out around... 2005 maybe? I could always get the VHS version, I suppose.
I've still got my vhs of it. I was hoping when he released it on dvd he would add all the vids he's done since. By the way, I ran across the vid for Gave Up on youtube and it's the one from that unreleased Broken video. Sick stuff. I can't believe it was on youtube.

Two more I'll add:

Volta, Björk
American Dolls Posse, Tori Amos

It's been mentioned before, but without a title, the Nine Inch Nails album (a soundtrack to an non-existent film) is called Year Zero.

Nightwish--still in progress, due in winter
Panic! At The Disco--TBD, both name and date, expected spring or summer
The Academy Is...--due out April 3; forgot the name! :embarrassed:
Dance Gavin Dance--due out May 15! Absolutely amazing; already have the EP!
Aiden--should be out this summer! Can't wait!
Was looking for Good Charlotte's Good Morning Revival, just got it Tuesday, and it is fairly good.

I just picked up Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, and Modest Mouse. And Andrew Bird is on the to-pick up list.

I know my boyfriend is excited about the Smashing Pumpkins reunion album, which is due in July (just too late to be a birthday present though...).

I'm very hopeful as to the release of Shirley Manson's (Garbage singer) solo album. From what I've read it should be appearing sometime this year, but nothing is definite yet (and I'm skeptical about the promise since they called off their European tour half way through). The Garbage greatest hits album should also be coming out this year. The odd thing is they are writing new stuff for it, so they are assuming it will be greatest hits material...

Anyway, other than that I'm curious about the new NIN album, but from the video earlier in this thread it doesn't sound too interesting. They are pretty much hit-or-miss for me.

Circa Survive's new album comes out in May and I can't wait. Also looking forward to new albums from Motion City Soundtrack and Bjork.

From what I've read it should be appearing sometime this year, but nothing is definite yet (and I'm skeptical about the promise since they called off their European tour half way through). The Garbage greatest hits album should also be coming out this year. The odd thing is they are writing new stuff for it, so they are assuming it will be greatest hits material...

Eh, I'm not holding my breath about Garbage's greatest hits album. It was supposed to come out last year, then I read that the confirmed release date was March 17th of this year. Personally I'd rather have a B-sides/remix album than a "best of" (a new album wouldn't be bad either). The Smashing Pumpkins album should be interesting too, even though I haven't listened to them in years.

Eh, I'm not holding my breath about Garbage's greatest hits album. It was supposed to come out last year, then I read that the confirmed release date was March 17th of this year.

Wikipedia says the expected date is June 4th, so I can hope at least. :p
Got to love the name they chose though: Absolute Garbage. :D

Back