• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Releases

Anamnesis

Are there any films coming out soon that you can't wait to see?

I'm excited about The Libertine, a film about the Earl of Rochester. The previews reminded me of another movie about a controversial writer, Quills (which I loved). And hey, anything Johnny Depp stars in should be at least halfway intriguing.

I also wouldn't mind seeing V for Vendetta. Looks like it has potential to be really good.

Oh I really want to see The Libertine...Quills was an interesting movie...Sorry for not posting any new ones I know of but I'm kinda out of the whole what's coming out routine.

I'm looking forward to:

The Black Dahlia ~ based on James Ellroy's novel, one of my faves. It's the first book in the LA Quartet, of which L.A. Confidential was the third.

Zodiac ~ based on a book about the hunt for the Zodiac killer back in the 70's. Only reason I want to see this one is because Fincher is directing.

The Departed ~ Martin Scorcese's remake of the Hong Kong blockbuster Infernal Affairs.

Hard Candy ~ the premise of this one sounds wild.

I'm sure there's more but I'm drawing a blank right now.

lenny nero said:
I'm looking forward to:

The Black Dahlia ~ based on James Ellroy's novel, one of my faves. It's the first book in the LA Quartet, of which L.A. Confidential was the third.

QUOTE]

Oh I didn't know there was amovie on the making on that book! I'll also be looking forward to it, even when the book (which I loved) was loosely based on the real story. Do you have any idea of when I'll open?

bluedahlia said:
lenny nero said:
I'm looking forward to:

Oh I didn't know there was amovie on the making on that book! I'll also be looking forward to it, even when the book (which I loved) was loosely based on the real story. Do you have any idea of when I'll open?

bluedahlia said:
bluedahlia said:
There was a movie made of that years ago. I believe Efrem Zimbelist played the detective in that version.

Do you have any idea of when I'll open?
I believe it comes out in the fall. Josh Hartnett and Aaron Eckhart play the 2 detectives and it also has Hilary Swank in it. Mia Kirshner plays Elizabeth Short. It's directed by Brian DePalma(Scarface, Body Double, Dressed to Kill, and Carrie).

Wuthering Heights is coming out sometime in the next year I think. It has Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie in it if my sources are correct.
I also look forward to Pirates of the Carribean 2. While it's not one of my very favorite movies, the first was extremely entertaining and had good music.

I checked IMDB and didn't find anything about a Wuthering Heights movie with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. I wouldn't mind seeing one with them, though...

Anamnesis said:
I checked IMDB and didn't find anything about a Wuthering Heights movie with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. I wouldn't mind seeing one with them, though...
I checked there, too, and I didn't see it, but I don't think they've started filming yet. I saw the information on wikipedia.org, though, so maybe it's incorrect or things have changed since it was last edited.

Back