• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

Francesca, I married into a shorter, more common last name after going thru life with a 9 letter first name and a 10 letter last name I now have only 9 letters in both. I do miss the everyday amusement of watching people try to garble out my whole name though :)

I used to use basically the same themes to create all of my user names at different forums. They always played on my politics or my birthplace or both.

But now, I'm not proud or enthusiastic about either of those things, don't know what to do about it, and don't really think doing anything would matter anyway, hence the name.

This is a cute thread...

I really have 2 usernames...Dakota Dreams and SMTFlyball...I use the first for everything general...the second for anything 'dog' related.

Dakota Dreams came about when I moved to North Dakota. I was born and raised a city girl in Milwaukee, WI and I hated it. One dream was always to move somewhere unpopulated, where I could have various critters. When that happened 2 years ago, it gave birth to Dakota Dreams.

SMTFlyball is really for my dog Zipper. He is a standard Manchester Terrier...therefore SMT...and for almost 4 years we played flyball and he was at one point the #2 ranked SMT in the sport in the USA/Canada. He is retired now but I still use that name for anything dog related.

Well, originally was Mile-O-Phile
Ahh i remember that name...i think. Can you change your name without having to open a new account? Oh mines from the books by Robin Hobb and i like to think i encourage change :D

Now dont start that again you analyser of business. Why would people change there name anyway? Its good to be anonymous and have a wierd name.

Catalyst said:
Now dont start that again you analyser of business.
Once you graduate you could get a good title. What you studying anyway - might help to prefabricate a title for you?

Why would people change there name anyway?
Some names date or get boring.

Catalyst said:
Studying Vet Nursing. Though im not sticking with it when i graduate :)

Yes, if we started calling you a vet then some of our American friends would never believe you fought in Vietnam. :rolleyes:

Heh, its vet nursing not vet...ting lol. To be a vet i need to be slightly more intelligent...only slightly though :D Oh and more dedicated.

Ah, so you're the person who holds the thermometer for the vet before they pop it into the dog's bum?

Back