• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Usernames!!!! How did you get yours?

Hi all. It's been a while and I have another 4007 new messages to go through - eek! :eek:

My name came from no where in particular, I just mushed some letters together and it came out with this pleasing sound. Then it made me think of a kookaburra, and consequently my avatar is a penguin (I think you 'had to be there' to get that logic :rolleyes: ).

I had a cute little pomeranian I used to call lovermuffin while I cuddled with him and kissed his little fluffiness :p so I use his nickname as my screenname :)

Ronny said:
Kook- a bit off topic but I do like the penguin's new summer look :)
Thanks, Ronny! Pass on kudos to Occlith for the penguin's summer fashion. I've got to talk to him about some fall threads and knitting a toque for the winter... you have to plan ahead for these things :D .

Yes forward thinking is a good thing, and you get to be the designer of a whole penguin line :D

Warning

Have you noticed that the number of rabbits is increasing? Apart from wabbit and fluffybunny, we also have white_rabbit. There might be more that I missed. Is the forum going to change its name to The Hutch?

bunnies multiply pretty fast :) , my favorite commercial is in a pet shop that starts w/ 2 bunnies and fills up while the guy tries to pay.

Well, my username.....um, yea. It's my name ! BIG shocker, eh ?

I just like being me, and like people to know "me" my real name. My friends call me "Izzy" Feel free to do the same of you choose

Just my initials with the last two digits of my birth year-yes, I know, terribly creative. :rolleyes:

SFG75 said:
Just my initials with the last two digits of my birth year-yes, I know, terribly creative. :rolleyes:
It reads like a robot prototype. "State your status, S.F.G.7.5"

I feel pretty thick. Was just trying it out to see what was available and then suddenly it was assigned! I also thought you had to join the site before you could look at it so didn't see everyone else's imaginative names.

I want to change mine to Elliephant - it's more me! I have asked the mysterious 'Darren' very nicely but have had no response :(

I got mine from the English version of "The Office". One of the characters, Gareth, think that he is a tough army guy because he is in the Territorial Army, and in one scene he is telling the camera that he could catch a monkey with the posion scraped off the back of a frog. It's one of my favourite programmes and one of my favourite scenes, so hence the name :D

It was just the first character from a book that jumped into my head when I signed up. Always liked the gangly legged froggy man though. Makes me laugh.

Aoide was one of the three original greek muses. The muse of song. I was looking around for a forum name and I thought that was particular fitting since I am a choir teacher. I've tried signing up on another forum with a different online name I have and I practically went into convulsions. It looked so strange seeing the other name, I begged the admin to change it. Aoide is my forum name here and every where else and it is now totally ingrained.

You get 3 guesses how I got my username, and the first two don't count.

Give up? It's the name given me at birth.

Well as for mine - my initials are B.S, my fave colour is blue and I'm well known for liking my sweet stuff (which incidentely makes me completely hyper) :) :p :) :p and smarties are my favourite food.

I use Ell or ell for most forums and writing I do on the net.

Ell is short for Ellen - what most of my friends and family call me - as well as the initials of my maiden name (I never use my married name online).

Elyse= my name that my mother got from "Somewhere in Time," Miss Elise McKinna if there are any christopher reeves enthusiasts out there.

Was just going to use "Elyse" but it was already taken. Tacked on Mac because it's the first part of my last name. Left out the clan name though in case there are any campbells present. -cuts eyes-

Back