• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Want to Play?

tugger said:
Hahaha... Yeah, thanks Martin, that first line needs a little work doesn't it? :p
"His eyes are blue like the ocean between them"

Keep it. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Miles away, she imagines the moist tip of his tongue
Curve delicately across the arc of her eyelid,"

Mmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmmmm . . .

"But she watches this dance along her body
And breaks at his beautiful ballet."

That is truly lovely. Where do you find all these sweet thoughts?
Directions, please ;)

Third Man Girl

That is truly lovely. Where do you find all these sweet thoughts?
Directions, please

Maybe I'm just a sweet guy. :p

Seriously, there's probably nothing I could say that doesn't sound cliche. Listen to your heart, be true to your emotions, follow your instincts, be honest, be courageous, don't censor yourself. Read good poetry and then (try to) write good poetry. I'm sure as a novelist, you follow the same rules, just on a much broader scope. Please feel free to email me if you would like to discuss things more in depth. Or anything, actually ... :)

Are you hitting on her?

Anyway, why discuss via E-mail, why not right here?

Your call.

Cheers, Martin :D

Are you hitting on her?

Hahaha ... VEEERRRRY funny, Martin. I'm not even going to justify that with a comment. ;) And it's not MY call, it's hers.

So, what do you want to discuss? :cool:

tugger said:
Listen to your heart, be true to your emotions, follow your instincts, be honest, be courageous, don't censor yourself. Read good poetry and then (try to) write good poetry. I'm sure as a novelist, you follow the same rules, just on a much broader scope. Please feel free to email me if you would like to discuss things more in depth. Or anything, actually ... :)

Please :eek: I believe you joined this forum after my thread/poem ‘Crimson Tears’ went missing, in which I explained that I am not a poet, but write through the eyes of my characters.

And, I’m not a novelist :eek: :eek:. I am writing one book, for myself, about the characters who have lived in my mind for years. Reams of paper will fuel my funeral pyre. I don't have courage like the others. I'm driven by my characters - no, not driven, led by the hand. And they aren't all sweet :eek: (although they have their moments ;) )

I've tried to read things on the internet about how to write a novel, but then I read novels and all the best ones seem to break the rules. So I'm very confused. Does this make sense? :confused:

Third Man Girl

I sat through 3 years of creative writing classes and seminars, and everyone makes their own rules. Keep the ones that work for you, ignore the ones that don't.

I think if you're writing a novel, you're a novelist. ;)

TMG: Can I please call you a novelist? It just makes me feel cool. :cool: Or, let's make a deal, I'll call you a novelist, if you'll call me a poet. And let's call Ashlea a real sweetheart. ;) And let's call Martin a little devil that likes to stir up trouble! :D :D :D

Why, thank you
FIREdevil.gif

I'm not even going to justify that with a comment.
'nuff said.

Cheers, Martin
demon3.gif

And one more thing, Martin. Just because TMG comes across in her posts as smart, funny, intellectually stimulating and extremely talented, why would a guy want to hit on her? ;)

Oh my gawd . . .

Please don't use me to suck up to her, ok?

It is soooo obvious.
lovestory.gif

tugger said:
TMG: Can I please call you a novelist? It just makes me feel cool. :cool: Or, let's make a deal, I'll call you a novelist, if you'll call me a poet. And let's call Ashlea a real sweetheart. ;) And let's call Martin a little devil that likes to stir up trouble! :D :D :D

Ashlea is a sweetheart. Ask Wolf :)
And Martin is a devil. A big one, who takes up a lot of Mini space.

I’m still struggling with novelist. That implies someone that knows what they’re doing. What about a randomfiendishthoughtsproducer? Or a directorofwickedplots? Or a writerofdangerousdaydreams? Oh. Okay. Novelist . . . No! Stop tempting me! No means no! Changed my mind. Writer. ‘Novelist’ worries me. Makes me think of publishing and titles and good grammar and commas and trying to squash ideas into five x eight inch paperbacks. Trilogies, anthologies, chronologies.
I’m a writer. Post-it notes. Lab-coat sleeves. Magnetic note pads. Toilet-rolls – well, what else can you grab when you’re in the shower? :D

Writer

PS I’ll still call you a poet, Poet ;)

PPS Martin. Phil_The Englishman. Have you two not got girlfriends you could be playing with? :mad: ;)

Third Man Girl

Very nice, how you managed to avoid commenting on the shameless attempt to hit on you.

Have you two not got girlfriends you could be playing with?
No, she can do that herself just fine!

Oh, so i make one post in this thread and i get told to bog off!! Charming!!

I knew there was a reason i never posted in poetry threads

<Turns, Walks out the Door, Doesnt Turn Around Now, Cos its not worth it anymore>

Phil

Back