• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you doing this weekend?

SFG75

My week has been like the title of a Grateful Dead album- What a long, strange trip it's been.:eek: I'm heading down to visit my brother in law and enjoy company with his family friday night. On saturday, we'll be taking a long drive to attend a cigar expo at a tobacconist shop. We'll be sitting in leather chairs, watching football, smoking cigars, and getting cool stuff from Punch cigars and talking with others. I just don't know if I'll get over not mowing the lawn this weekend. :p It'll be hell, but I think I'll manage.:D

So what are you going to do?

I'm planning on having my eldest daughter home for the weekend. We may go out to a local live music show Saturday evening. Other than that, I just don't know...

If money were no object, I'd go to the Kansas Book Festival in Wichita..www.kansasbookfestival.ks.gov

It's Grand Final weekend for the AFL (Australian Football League), so I'm going to a friend of a friend's house for the usual festivities (this means drinking and, errrrr, more drinking).

There are no Victorian teams in the final again this year, but a guy from my hometown plays for one team, so I'll be cheering for them.

My mother passed away 23years ago today, so I'm getting together with my siblings at the weekend. We'll just do lots of eating, laughing and talking about the past.

On a more upbeat note - I get the keys for my new house tomorrow - finally - and I think a drink or three will be in order :D .

My weekend doesn't sound near that much fun.

We are changing from Direct TV to Verizon FIOS. Hope to see a lot of HD TV.:D Direct TV started charging for Fox Movies so we didn't like that.

Then we're having Alaskan king crab legs because John's (my husband) daughter and granddaughter are coming to visit.

I deserve this after mowing the yard and taking down about 10 papaya trees Thursday. John's recouping from surgery or I would like to go to Branson, MO. :)

I worked all last weekend so I plan on doing as little as possible. Potenially an antique fair on Saturday but other than that reading and drinking wine are about the most active I plan on being.

resting after yet another back surgery that i'll be having tomorrow.

enjoy your cigar-fest and enjoy the break!

sounds like everyone so far will have a relaxing weekend. even though i'll be recovering, at least i'll be in bed all weekend reading sans kids (they'll be with my mom).

gem, i'm sorry about your grandmother. i know it's been a while, but if you were close it is always hard. ((()))

enjoy the wine, reading, and antiquing dogmatix. sounds like my kind of weekend! i love antiquing!

I start my 10 day vacation on Saturday...finally!:) For my husband's birthday I purchased him two days of motorcycle race school - so that will be the start of our trip. Then it's off to the coast to stay in a cozy cabin in the redwoods for a few days. I'll be hiking and reading and just relaxing!

Gem- congrats on the new house! :) Drinks will definitely be in order.

I'll be attending Mr Mehastings' gradutation from the MA Fire Academy tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited to have him home for more than a weekend at a time. It has been three months. At the same time I'm worried I'll never get a good night sleep again. I've gotten rather used to my bed all to myself.

On Saturday two of my friends and I will be making three hundred and fifty chocolate covered pretzels decorated with different seasonal sprinkle type things.

My girlfriend and I will be doing some clean up at our new house this weekend. Its not a very fun filled weekend, but I'm excited just the same. This whole gettin a house thing has been very stressful, and Ill just be glad when its over. =)

Tomorrow I'll be doing the usual Saturday thing...banking and the acquiring of food. Maybe some clothes shopping. Sunday, it'll be beer and/or wine and NASCAR, plus getting the laundry done. Oh my, what a thrilling existance I lead...:rolleyes:

Just hang out and read or watch DVD after I cleaned my flat. Maybe I take a long walk in the black forest tomorrow, it depends on the weather.

lady cordelia... I had forgotten to ask you how your surgery went the last time. Hope you get well soon.

I had wanted a Skypecast this weekend, but I was late in sending out a notice. :(

ds

how sweet of you to ask!

it was painful. it is done in stages, so i had the first of three. i am having the second one tomorrow. since it is a staged procedure, i don't really know just how well it has worked yet. we'll see.

let me know when you get another together! looking forward to it! i even got a new headset for it!

Back