• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

Billy Oblivion said:
I've just been listening to Dancing Shoes by Cliff Richard & The Shadows. It's amazing what you'll do when you're drunk.

It could be worse, you could be listening to . . . er? . . . Oh yes, "Wired for Sound". That's worse. Although it's all relative.

I'm listening to Performance and Cocktails by The Stereophonics, which I thought I liked but now just sounds like a miserable dirge.

I recently downloaded this song: The Calling by Angelwing. I've probably listened to it about 100 times by now. You can follow the given link to download for free.

It is very beautiful with a slightly haunting sound. I highly recommend it if you like new age type music.

The Queen is Dead by Morrissey:

"So I broke into the palace
With a sponge and a rusty spanner,
She said, 'I know you, and you cannot sing',
I said 'That's nothing, you should hear me play piano.'" :D

the only thing i hear right no is my heartbeat and my breath, has anybody any suggestions for great music for me??i'm getting tired of my bu-bum bu-bum!!
bye

'Nightclub' by Graeme Norgate from the Timesplitters 2 soundtrack. Stylish, upbeat, pacy swing - The perfect accompaniment to running around, twin tommy guns in hand, a-blasting away at friend and foe alike.

For Halo

Morrissey, You Are the Quarry

and next up: Beatles, Abbey Road

Which got me thinking - how does everyone listen to music while online?

Do you use a CD-player, play the CD from your computer (using a program like iTunes, RealPlayer, etc.), or do you copy it to your hard drive and make up your own playlists?

My preference is to make playlists. Only downside is it takes time to copy and organize. But once done, you can listen to just the tracks you want.

I also use a playlist, its rare I like entire albums so prefer to just choose my favourites instead (though there are obvious exceptions to this). One thing that does annoy me is the anti piracy on some cd's. I know its there for a reason but if I own the cd then I should be allowed to copy it to my hdd.

The Mars Volta-The Widow. Their new CD, Frances the Mute, comes out March 1... suppose to be pretty good... we'll see.

Oh right, cool. I've got De-loused in the Comatorium standing on my bookshelf upstairs. I haven't really listened to the Mars Volta for a while now, though. Incidentally, Slint are performing in London on the 1st and 2nd of March. I'll be there on the 2nd if my goddam tickets arrive!

Current track: Calexico - Across the Wire.mp3

My current track is Reason to Believe by Stina Nordenstam. To be followed by Bossman by Nancy Sinatra, and then Die Befindlichkeit des Landes by Einstuerzende Neubauten.

Back