• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What book are you?

I'm Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

To you, most everything is a game. It's summertime, and the living's easy. Even when there's a war on, it's just a game to you. But even though you've historically been able to meet every challenge, there are some doubts about what lies ahead. Are you sure you're up to the next test? Don't forget to pay attention to your siblings.

You're Jurassic Park!
by Michael Crichton
You combine all the elements of a mad scientist, a brash philosopher, a humble researcher, and a money-hungry attracter of tourists. With all these features, you could build something monumental or get chased around by your own demons. Probably both, in fact. A movie based on your life would make millions, and spawn at least two sequels that wouldn't be very good. Be very careful around islands.

LOL - Coincidentally, that is the book I am reading at the moment. :D

I was hoping to say that this site was rubbish. However, it says that I am the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. So I'll go with that.

You're Watership Down!
by Richard Adams
Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits

If only...

I can’t believe this!:confused:

The Guns of August by Barbara W Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Now I am going to have to read the book. I have never liked books about war.

I may as well let go of the rope, 'cause no one else is up there. :rolleyes:
I am, according to quiz master.....
You're Alice's Adventures in Wonderland!
by Lewis Carroll
After stumbling down the wrong turn in life, you've had your mind opened to a number of strange and curious things. As life grows curiouser and curiouser, you have to ask yourself what's real and what's the picture of illusion. Little is coming to your aid in discerning fantasy from fact, but the line between them is so blurry that it's starting not to matter. Be careful around rabbit holes and those who smile to much, and just avoid hat shops altogether.

bloody hell!

You're Mother Night!
by Kurt Vonnegut
Nobody knows what to believe about you, and you know least of all. You spent most of your time convinced that the ends justify the means, but your means were, well, downright mean! And the end is nigh. Meanwhile all you want is to travel back in time, if not to change, then to just delight in the way it used to be. You are who you pretend to be. Oh yes, you're the great pretender.

You're The Giver!
by Lois Lowry
While you grew up with a sheltered childhood, you're pretty sure everyone around you is even more sheltered. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, you were tapped on the shoulder and transported to the real world. This made you horrified by your prior upbringing and now you're tormented by how to reconcile these two lives. Ultimately, the struggle comes down to that old free will issue. Choose wisely.

Cool. I'm the only one with this result so far :D

I took a Seven Heavenly Virtues quiz and my main virtue was Charity, so I guess this fits :p

How odd, I'm my favorite novel:

You're Anne of Green Gables!
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately, though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.

Well, I don't spell my name with an E, but like Anne I'm very strict with my name and don't like it when somebody spells it wrong.

This is a bit scary...

You're One Hundred Years of Solitude!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Lonely and struggling, you've been around for a very long time. Conflict has filled most of your life and torn apart nearly everyone you know. Yet there is something majestic and even epic about your presence in the world. You love life all the more for having seen its decimation. After all, it takes a village.

dele said:
I'm Anne of Green Gables!
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately, though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.

I got that one as well :)

i got:
Watership Down!
by Richard Adams
Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.

i haven't read this book yet so i don't know if it's true but i like the explanation. it's me

cute... i came out as one of my favourite books, altho it's been an age since i last read it:

You're The Mists of Avalon!
by Marion Zimmer Bradley
You're obsessed with Camelot in all its forms, from Arthurian legend to the Kennedy administration. Your favorite movie from childhood was "The Sword in the Stone". But more than tales of wizardry and Cuban missiles, you've focused on women. You know that they truly hold all the power. You always wished you could meet Jackie Kennedy.

no, i don't wish i could meet Ms Kennedy, or most of the rest, but i do like tales of Arthur and always have...

steffee said:

You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!

by John Irving
Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!

Resurrecting this thread, again, because it's Friday night, and because I'm currently reading the book I am, which must be spooky happening upon this thread, again, despite searching 'John Irving', but still.... it's very cool. What book are you?

Just did this again and got Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, which is a little nervewracking. :eek:

Woolf and Irving? I'm hearing the twilight music steffee....:D

You're Ulysses!
by James Joyce
Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero
Great, it had to be Joyce didn't it - I knew I should have lied and said I was concise. Yes I do dream of being a Greek Folk hero.

A Greek folk hero, eh? You're at once brilliant and repugnant, Gem. Ulysses, ha ha, that's cool.

pmsl that bit about taking in the sights and sounds of the city made me laugh. ;)

Okay, so it's late...

Back