• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What books did you give others this x-mas?

SFG75

So, what did you give books wise? I gave my father books by Robert Ludlum and Robert B. Parker. These were excellent picks as he has read just anbout everything there is.

Geisha: A Life
Fledgling
The Pirate Bride
Star of the Morning
The Three Musketeers
The Count of Monte Cristo
Do the Right Thing

I gave away ten books this christmas.

A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.
A boy Discovers the Horrors of War, by Stephen Crane.
The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck.
To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
The Call of the Wild, by Jack London.
Where Angels Fear to Tread, by E.M. Forster.
The Republic, by Plato.
Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde.
The Iliad and Odyssey of Homer.

I didn't give any books for Christmas this year yet. Any time my husband sees a book he wants, he buys it immediately. That makes book buying dangerous, because by the time Christmas rolls around, he's probably already bought what I was going to get him. But he got me A Lion Among Men, the third instalment in the Wicked series.

I still have to get gifts for my in-laws. I was thinking my mother-in-law might like something from the Oprah book club. Any suggestions?

I got "The Secret Life of Bees" and "An Irish Village Doctor" for my MIL.

The second and third books of the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica (dragon books) for my son.

And I bought "The Great Deluge" by Douglas Brinkley for myself.

For my book club gift exchange--Saving Fish From Drowning, Amy Tan

American Psycho, Bret Easton Ellis and The World is Hot Flat and Crowded, for my sister's boyfriend.

I got my boyfriend some math books.

The Giver - Lois Lowry (Children's Fiction - For my boyfriend's mom, she said wants to read more classics, and it's a classic to me)
Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth - Chris Ware (Graphic Novel - for my boyfriend)
The Walkable City: From Haussmanns Boulevards to Jane Jacobs Streets and Beyond - Mary Soderstrom (Urban Planning - for my two friends who are both Architects)

I gave my mom a gargantuan collection of Jane Austen books (one of those one volume deals), and my dad Outrage! by Dick Morris.

Ever since I started devouring books my parents have as well. It's awesome.

I bought my sister three Robert McCammon novels-Swan Song,Speaks The Nightbird & Evil Unveiled. And my wife Scapetta by Patricia Cornwell. I received American Prince by Tony Curtis (autobiog)

Back