• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What did you read in August??

the Pyramide by ismael Kadare-the story of the building of giseh and cheops,could not realy get into it.The nonsensical humour got me lost.

That pretty much sums up my reaction to The Pyramid too. I tried to like it, really I did. Broken April was much better.

I shall try another from Kadare,from your advice and Stewart i guessed it was just the one.
By the way,i tried to get the fisher.... from Mishima but for some obscure reason this one title was not avalable,maybe it's got another name in French.But I won't give up so easily and just get it in English.

:eek: Condensed I take it?

Well, it's a pretty long book, 600 pages or so, in small font, so it carries a lot of content. Being a layman I don't know what was left out, but I think Gribbin did a great job in making the history of science at least captivating, amusing and even heroic at times.

Back