• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you do with a book you've read?

I put my books on my bookshelves yesterday and filled them all to the max, even with one double booked (two rows of books). I'll be short on funds coming soon, but I'll be short on time, as well....so they'll stop filling up so quickly.

Now that I did not say.

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

VTChEwbecca said:
I put my books on my bookshelves yesterday and filled them all to the max, even with one double booked (two rows of books). I'll be short on funds coming soon, but I'll be short on time, as well....so they'll stop filling up so quickly.
Even with my busy schedule, I can still manage to finish one or two books a week (unless of course we're talking War & Peace :eek: ). Somehow I always find time to sit down and read for a few. LOL

{Tigress} said:
Even with my busy schedule, I can still manage to finish one or two books a week (unless of course we're talking War & Peace :eek: ). Somehow I always find time to sit down and read for a few. LOL

I'll be a full-time grad student, plus working a job (as full-time as I can make it)...and taking care of my husband and cats. Free time is certain to be limited. :( I'm not really looking forward to being that busy, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

My entire family (me, brother, mum, dad) reads a lot. All of us read more or less different types of books.

We keep every single one of them.

We have something like 2000+ books at home shelved... and loads of books just packed into cartons because we don't have enough space on bookshelves to keep them.

I personally read over 200-250 books a year and I buy almost all of them. I keep all the ones that I read and sell the ones that I don't.

You read 250 books a year?!

that's 2 every three days!!

Wow!

I still can't believe how fast some people read - I used to rea a book a week, which was unbelievably fast for me. Now I'm at a rate of one book every 2 weeks, or something like that.

Cheers, Martin
Grin.gif

sinizterguy said:
My entire family (me, brother, mum, dad) reads a lot. All of us read more or less different types of books.

We keep every single one of them.

We have something like 2000+ books at home shelved... and loads of books just packed into cartons because we don't have enough space on bookshelves to keep them.

I personally read over 200-250 books a year and I buy almost all of them. I keep all the ones that I read and sell the ones that I don't.
That's amazing! :eek:

I keep all mine, quite tempted to make myself into a little library, so many people are forever borrowing books... I hate it when I lend books to people and they don't return them :(

Freya said:
I keep all mine, quite tempted to make myself into a little library, so many people are forever borrowing books... I hate it when I lend books to people and they don't return them :(
I learned my lesson a LONG time ago regarding the lending of books. My folks had bought me the entire set of Little House on the Praire books when I was a child, and a friend of mine hadn't read the last book (Happy Golden Years, I think it was called), and so I lent it to her. Never did get that book back and have yet to find the exact set again so I can replace the missing book. :( So now, I never lend out a book that I cannot replace easily if it goes missing.

I keep the books I read, but they're all scattered on my bedroom floor, on my desk, on my dresser, etc. My parents are thinking about getting me some sort of bookshelf. I'm trying to come up with a makeshift one myself.

Darren Lewis said:
I tend to keep mine on the shelves, but some of my friends give them away, donate them or sometimes sell them? I once knew someone who just through them away!!!

Do you ever re-read a book again?
I put the back on the shelf just like you do, I may re read it one day :)

Ell said:
I keep most of them. One time, I got carried away trying to clean up the house and sold a bunch of books at a garage sale. Later, I regretted it when I wanted to look up something in a book I'd sold. Now, I donate only the books I didn't like to the local thrift society.
The same thing happened to me with several books i had sold out of necessity. I haven't gotten rid of any since, except recently i sent someone a book that i listed at bookcrossing. it's okay though, it was one of those that were so bad that i couldn't even finish it.

I bring it back to the library! First off, I'm not made of money, so I can't afford to buy all the books I read, second, I have only re-read a book once and that is because the first time I read it was 15 years earlier. I'm like that with movies and tv, too, once I've seen it, I don't want to see it again. And even with music, after a while, I'm tired of listening to the same songs. Third, I don't like to dust, so the less stuff I have, the less I have to dust, same deal with moving :rolleyes:

Books i really enjoy i keep and often reread. Books I don't enjoy and pulp books I swap. My mom and grandmothers and aunt and I will trade books. Any time anyone visits the other there is usually a bag or two of changing hands.

Back