• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Here in Alberta, Canada, where we have SO MUCH oil and gas, I really could not live much closer to the source without being undground, and we are still paying $1.03 per litre (Canadian funds). However, although I agree that "fuel efficient" cars are annoying (I've had my share of damn 4 cylinders), I do feel that gas guzzling pickups and SUVs are totally stupid for urbanites and commuters. They're bad for the environment, and they're bad for your pocket book! I am luckily able to walk to work, but I also choose to walk or use transit as much as possible.

I'm visiting my brother in law in Kansas and gas is $2.95!.:eek: :eek: $3.00 gas is also creeping into my state as well according to news reports. :(

$3.27 for regular unleaded. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. It would be cheaper if I road a damn pony, but that's probably illegal. You're laughing but I'm seriously thinking about.

raffaellabella said:
$3.27 for regular unleaded. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. It would be cheaper if I road a damn pony, but that's probably illegal. You're laughing but I'm seriously thinking about.

!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
!!!!
$3.27?! That's robbery! Thievery! It's criminal! You should sue! (It is the national pasttime of this great land of ours, after all, along with buying gas-guzzling SUVs.)

Stewart said:
So, why do you guys call it gas when it's quite clearly a liquid?

In case you didn't realize, the liquid turns into a gas prior to exhaustion. We're just thinking ahead is all. There's no need to be jealous.

veggiedog said:
!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
!!!!
$3.27?! That's robbery! Thievery! It's criminal! You should sue! (It is the national pasttime of this great land of ours, after all, along with buying gas-guzzling SUVs.)

Hey, CEOs have to eat too.:rolleyes:

This afternoon it was 2.77 for the cheap gas at one of those cheapie stations. :( Its beyond belief. Any time we leave the house its no less than a 25 mile ride.....ah, country living.

NOT!

StillILearn said:
What do you drive, Ms? I get 18 MPG from my Jeep. :eek: I'm lookin' for something better, you betcha.
I only get about 16 mpg on my '92 Jeep.....but I really hate to get a smaller engine, as there is some hesitation in the toyota 4-runner we have, its a 4 cylinder. I want it to go when I say GO. Something smaller for us is not really feasible.

StillILearn said:
What do you drive, Ms? I get 18 MPG from my Jeep. :eek: I'm lookin' for something better, you betcha.

hardy har har!

I don't drive :eek:

I'd get screwed on insurance and it's not worth it yet to get a car

Back