• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you pay for gas?

Well the prices change very often from 1,5 US$ pr liter to 1,8 pr liter.
Witch means that one gallon costs from 5,7 US$ to 6,8 US $.
I'm not kinding. Can't understand that we got thise crazy prices, when we got so much oil on our own.

Baddie said:
Well the prices change very often from 1,5 US$ pr liter to 1,8 pr liter.
Witch means that one gallon costs from 5,7 US$ to 6,8 US $.
I'm not kinding. Can't understand that we got thise crazy prices, when we got so much oil on our own.

Reasons? Supposedly Nigeria is in turmoil over rebels who are threatening to dirupt supply lines.:rolleyes:

SFG75 said:
Reasons? Supposedly Nigeria is in turmoil over rebels who are threatening to dirupt supply lines.:rolleyes:
No, this time there was a rumor that there might be hurricanes this year somewhere near the Gulf Coast so they decided to beat the rush.

I paid $2.49/gal this morning on the way to class, it was up to $2.57/gal on the way home.

I try not to look but I know it's close to $3. When the hell are they going to make cars that run on corn oil? God knows the U.S. produces enough of corn to make it an alternate fuel.

SFG75 said:

Over 80% of the money we pay for the oil goes to the goverment, its taxes and envierment fees. So those who brings up the oil and the gasstation doesn't get hand of much money. The goverment thinks that high prices will reduce the car traffic, but they are wrong. In a country like Norway you have to have a car, because there are big dictances and many eareas haven't got a public tansport. And taking public transport cost why more then using your own car. A well know Norwegian economist says that people will not stop/reduce there use of their own car before the price rise to 11,7 US$ for one gallon (or 3,09 US$ for one liter)!

Baddie said:
Over 80% of the money we pay for the oil goes to the goverment, its taxes and envierment fees. So those who brings up the oil and the gasstation doesn't get hand of much money. The goverment thinks that high prices will reduce the car traffic, but they are wrong. In a country like Norway you have to have a car, because there are big dictances and many eareas haven't got a public tansport. And taking public transport cost why more then using your own car. A well know Norwegian economist says that people will not stop/reduce there use of their own car before the price rise to 11,7 US$ for one gallon (or 3,09 US$ for one liter)!

Tried to edit the post, but didn't find out how to do it.
I wanted to correct my frist sentence. Over 60% of the money we pay for the oil goes to the goverment, its taxes and envierment fees, not 80% as I wrote first.

I have a four wheel drive Chevy silverado I drive sometimes when I need to drive a truck. I filled it up yesterday...$62.00, and I had a little less than a 1/4 of a tank when I started to fill. This was at $2.78 a gallon.
I drive this vehicle very seldom, usually when I go camping, in the snow or just when I need to haul or pull something.

I paid $3.13/gal today (Wednesday, April 12, 2006) in Queens, New York City for Self-Serve Premium.

Goodness gracious Libre. The day that it gets over $3.00 here, there will be farmers in the streets with pitchforks.:D

I don't drive, but my mom and I stopped at a gas station and paid $2.79 for regular unleaded. What is the world coming to??? :rolleyes:

I blame it on that stupid idiot in the White House, or, just as likely on that damn ranch. :mad:

EDIT: Ignore that last sentence. ;)

veggiedog said:
I don't drive, but my mom and I stopped at a gas station and paid $2.79 for regular unleaded. What is the world coming to??? :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing when I bought a bag of chips for 50 cents that contained 3 potato chips and a bunch of air.

Didn't have to stop for gas today, but with this thread in mind, I noticed it was 2.65 for the cheapie gas in Covington.

If my maths is right and using todays exchange rate we are paying US $3.69 a gallon. It is $1.67 L in our currency. It seemed to be the fashion in NZ to drive SUV's but there is certainly a glut of them on the market now.

Stewart said:
So, why do you guys call it gas when it's quite clearly a liquid?

It's an American thing. We're defiant and always have to do things differently like over-emphasizing the "s" sounds in words like recognise by replacing the s with a z, making maths singular, and driving on the right side of the road. :D

Poppy1 said:
If my maths is right and using todays exchange rate we are paying US $3.69 a gallon. It is $1.67 L in our currency. It seemed to be the fashion in NZ to drive SUV's but there is certainly a glut of them on the market now.

Economically efficient vehicles are annoying. I have a ford aspire that was made in the mid-90s when the auto industry thought small cars would be the wave of the future. The Aspire is second only to the festiva in being the lightest car in America. If you try to pass someone and floor it, the car doesn't even rev up and it takes a looooooooong time before you begin to overtake someone. With that in mind, we bought a heavier buick with some ge up and go. The wife got what she wanted in a bigger car where babyseats would fit in easier, and I got what I wanted when I could floor it and the thing would just about slam you back into your seat while taking off. I don't see Americans liking light vehicles like the Aspire or what a lot of folks in Europe drive. In visiting Ireland a few years ago, I couldn't believe the size of pick-ups. I wondered what they would think had they seen an Olds 442 or something like that.

Back