• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

well..if the regular bookmark is not available..i fold the edge of the paper or put my pencil or keep the book upside down, opened..

I have a few bookmarks I bought as souveniers (why can't I spell that?) in various places. My favorite is one I bought from the gift shop at the New Globe theater in London. It's a quote from Hamlet: "What do you read, my lord?" "Words, words, words." :) Then I also have this odd assortment of plastic paper-clip type bookmarks that are in all sorts of colors...so I mostly use those. Oh and lately for the books I get from the library I use my due-date slip. It's convenient because that way I know how much longer I have on the book...although, as a staff member, I can technically return items w/ no overdue fines ;) but I generally avoid taking advantage of that when I can.

D

Sometims I dog-ear things, but I don't like it. I try to use a traditional book mark, but I often find myself ripping scrap paper and using it to hold my place.

I use traditional bookmarks if I have one (my one at the moment has a picture of the Christchurch Cathedral on it), but I loose bookmarks far too easily, and usually end up just ripping up a bit of scrap paper and using that. I use the due date slip for library book, though, because I forget things like due dates extremely easily :D

I've been using a metal book-clip since Christmas, I got it as a present. I used to use a hand painted canvas bookmark but unfortunately lost it.

Receipt :cool:

right now it's for a tuna sandwich but i can get pretty pricey

SFG75 said:
I'm one of those people who just dog-ear it.

*gasp* I panged slightly

I have a few book marks lying around...somewhere. I use post its, I have a ton of them in my office.

I prefer index cards over all other bookmarks. But I'm willling to use whatever comes to hand, such as post-its, grocery lists, receipts of all kinds ... one of the multitude of advantages to being cluttered - there's always a bookmark.:cool:

I use bookmarks my son makes for me, postcards, those fake credit cards they send in the mail all the time and sometimes spare playing cards. I often leave the bookmark I'm using with the book after I'm done, so I try to match the bookmark with the book if I can.

abecedarian said:
Wouldn't that give the poor book a wedgie:rolleyes: Remember when thongs were summer footwear? :D

LOL-You shock me sometimes abec, the things you say sometimes.:D :eek: :eek:

Back