• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

I dont actually use one, I usually stop reading on an easily rememberable page and i've got quite a good memory, if i may say so myself. :)

derek12345 said:
I prefer post its.

Good method, I've done that on occassion. I need to buy some nice bookmarks, but I just can't think of paying more than fifty cents for a bookmark.

SFG75 said:
Good method, I've done that on occassion. I need to buy some nice bookmarks, but I just can't think of paying more than fifty cents for a bookmark.

I use old post cards and you can buy a nice size lot of them for fairly cheap at Ebay or thrift shops.

I like to try and match the card to the story, I have a lot of time on my hands and strange habits I guess :eek: :)

Index cards so I can keep notes write down quotes on them, the due date card from the library, or the dividers out of Lipton tea boxes.

I use those reply cards that come in magazines. Folded lengthwise and torn in half, they make perfect disposable bookmarks. I've had many nice bookmarks given to me over the years, but anything that I put in a book tends to disappear before the book is finished for some reason.

We've just had our 4 yo son's first school photos back, some of which were turned into bookmarks. So poking out of the top of whatever I'm reading is my son's beaming face! Encourages me to read more.

I used to use my daily Metro train ticket. Then I started buying monthly passes so then I started remembering the page number and just opened up. If I couldn't remember the exact spot, I'd re-read some.

I use bookmarks i buy when i go on trips. I just got a calendar/bookmark thing. Different bookmark for every month. I like changing them a lot so it work good for me. Also sometime i use post-it.

Back