• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

Bookmark - autumn leaf

My bookmark at the moment is an autumn leaf my little grandson gave me. Usually I just use anything that is to hand - an envelope, a paper tissue, a cigarette paper.........

Right now I'm using this awesome bookmark a friend gave me for Christmas.

Bookmark-Lesezeichen-What-women-want-in-bed-Books-BOM45013_b_0.JPG

If it's a hardcover, I use the dust jacket.
Uhm. How exactly is this accomplished? What if it's a huge hardcover, and the flaps don't reach the middle of the book? Or do you take the whole thing out, fold it several times?

There should be a scientific study for this.

Right now I'm using this awesome bookmark a friend gave me for Christmas.

Bookmark-Lesezeichen-What-women-want-in-bed-Books-BOM45013_b_0.JPG

I want to complain about the overt sexuality implied from this image. Not to mention the severe peanut smuggling occurring here.

And this post from a moderator too.

Jeez. This place is going to hell in a handbasket.

I actually used a stone last night as the remote control fell to the floor and I was worried my glasses might be squished if they were used...

I get a lot of my books from the library and will use the receipt they give me. If I have nothing I try to remember the page number. At times it works, but at times it is a disaster :lol:

All of my books have a different book mark because I just use what I can find near me at the time. Index cards, tissues, a folded piece of paper. One of my books has an actual book mark in it.

I have a few bookmarks but usually I try to finish the chapter that way I can just start the next and don't really need a book mark. Sometimes I just find whater type of paper to hold my place. I have used everything from a store receipt a torn piece of paper, the Joker to a deck of cards, even a bounce dryer sheet!

If I don't have a bookmark handy, I just turn the book upside down...don't like to leave them that way for long though. Hurts the spines.

I don't use bookmarks. I just remember the last thing that I read and pick up where I left off... which is odd because normally, I have a horrible memory.

Plus, it bugs me to no end to have to stop reading mid-chapter, so I guess I use the chapters as bookmarks. Dinner will BURN and the house will be on fire... but my chapter will be completed before I sit the book the down. :whistling:

I had to giggle when someone bumped this post up from 2006. But i did enjoy reading all the posts from the past 6 years. Some of you used some pretty crazy things. Honestly, I myself haven't used a book mark in such a long time. Actually, I haven't even read a real hard tangible book in a few years. E-Reader Win :) Good stuff though hahah

I have a metal bookmark, which I seem to have lost, and a cardboard one that I use whenever I read a paperbook. Most of my books these days are ebooks, so no bookmark for the most part.:)

Back