• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

I have a number of bookmarks around the flat, many of which have come with books from my local, independent bookseller.

I use the boarding pass from a Northwest Airlines flight from Detroit to St. Louis I took on 31 August 2007. Not that the flight or the date had any significance; I just started using it on that flight and have kept using it since.

when I read spanish novels I refer to a paperback dictionary, and in order to save my place I insert the dictionary cover into the novel, leaving the two books neatly embraced.

I use a bookmark featuring Commander Riker from Star Trek The Next Generation. I've had it for years and years. Let's call it a childhood crush...:eek:

I use the boarding pass from a Northwest Airlines flight from Detroit to St. Louis I took on 31 August 2007. Not that the flight or the date had any significance; I just started using it on that flight and have kept using it since.

When I fly, I invariably end up using a boarding pass stub. I'm sure I have a few books with old boarding pass stubs still in them.

When borrowing books from a library or friends, I will usually use a bookmark so as not to damage it. However, with my own books, shameful as it is to admit, I will generally just fold down the corner of the page.

I'm using a bookmark of celtic/world singer Loreena McKinnett,which was included in a post-card set I bought off her website a few years ago.

I've actually accumulated quite a collection of bookmarks.
My favorite, though, and the one I used most often, is made out of soft leather and says, in gold lettering, Her Ladyship!! Given to me as a gift from a friend in England.

I generally use a bookmark - its usually my moonlight unicorn one with artwork by Selina Fenech. I have also accumulated a fair few bookmarks over the years of my increased desire to read.

I also occasionally use my train ticket as a bookmark. Mostly when i've just bought a new book while I'm out at work and don't have anything else to use.

An old picture of Albert Einstein. He's been in there for years now, and I don't ever plan on changing it. Everytime I think of something besides Al in my book I get dismayed.

Actually, I used to use dollar bills as book marks, but they'd always go missing.... I don't think I'll ever figure that one out...

What do I use as a bookmark? I use the library receipt that they give me whenever I borrow a book, which is almost always the way I get a book to read.

I used to make my own bookmarks, mostly something to do with the book I'm reading but now I just use a covered picture of a dragon, hand drawn. It's brilliant! I can't stand folding pages. I like my books in good condition.

i have a giraffe bookmark, hes soft and fluffy, hes handy beause when i sit and read i generally need something to occupy my other hand (im a compulsive figit!) so i rub his soft nose and it keeps me still lol :)

Back