• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you use as a bookmark?

I use a post-it. I try to write new words or words I can't easily spit back a definition for if asked on the post-it. They stick just enough to the pages so as to stay put but not damage the pages.

For the book in my bathroom? I simply use a piece of UNUSED charmin. :D

If that's not available, I hate to admit it, dog ear it.

I use a post-it. I try to write new words or words I can't easily spit back a definition for if asked on the post-it. They stick just enough to the pages so as to stay put but not damage the pages.

That's a pretty good idea.

I've started using post its too. I like the bright square ones since they're large enough to hold a few notes and the color makes it easier to spot, even for blind folks like me. I use them in my Bible when I need to have several references ready for a lesson. If I just used old church bulletins, they all look alike and fall out too easily..

agreed

:) I never fold the pages in my book. That is just like sucide to a good book. I mostly use homemade book marks of just random drawings and I collect other bookmarks that my grandma buys me! I keep a book mark like for every book and personalize it. I think that it just helps me to remember what books I have read and I enjoy writing comments on the bookmarks about the books and pages of significant quotes.

haha

thanks! its really not that bad. Its just a slip of paper with the name of the book with the author and a few notes. maybe a couple of desgins here and there. what do you use!?

I just fold the corner of the page. Not the best thing to do, I know, but I can't seem to break that habit and whenever I have tried bookmarks I end up losing them.

I just fold the corner of the page. Not the best thing to do, I know, but I can't seem to break that habit and whenever I have tried bookmarks I end up losing them.

That's too bad.

In honor of your birthday, I think we should each send Miss Loveridden a bookmark!

In honor of your birthday, I think we should each send Miss Loveridden a bookmark!

Ha, I totally agree. :p So I am fixing to start the book Twilight, but I am not sure who it is by. One of my good friends is going to let me borrow it. Its about vampires and its a romance. Ever heard of it? Well check my blog and I will try to post about it, if I can remember. Once I get into books I am hooked and can't really put it down.;)

I use small post-it notes. they never fall out of the pages and when they loose their stick you can just grab another one off the pad!

I end up losing the bookmarks so have stopped using them altogether.
I don't like folding the pages either.

So when I start reading, the first five minutes are devoted to finding the last page i read. :eek:
To make it easier, I usually stop at the end of a chapter or I try to remember the page number but its rare that i can recall.

Thanks for the idea Jez! :)

I end up losing the bookmarks so have stopped using them altogether.
I don't like folding the pages either.

So when I start reading, the first five minutes are devoted to finding the last page i read. :eek:
To make it easier, I usually stop at the end of a chapter or I try to remember the page number but its rare that i can recall.

Thanks for the idea Jez! :)
You're welcome :)

Reformed corner bender

I will admit to having dog-eared pages in my books when I was in grade and middle school. I just couldn't seem to take the time to find something to stick in the page. Of course, I wasn't buying those books myself then and really didn't take good care of them.

Now, since I'm usually reading 3-4 books at a time, I have quite a few different bookmarks in use. In one book I have the Ace of Spades from an old deck of cards. This is fitting since the book is about poker. In another, I have a slip of junkmail that I opened the same day I started the book. It was sitting on the counter when I pulled the book out of the bag, so I stuck it in the book and have used it since. The other two books I'm reading are both gold-embossed leather-bound editions that came with their own cloth bookmark imbedded in the book.

Most of the time I use playing cards as my bookmarks. Since there's a card missing out of that deck, I feel like I'm making use of something that would otherwise be worthless. I like to recycle.:)

I'm using a blank index card in Dracula right now, well, on and off anyways, it keeps slipping out, I don't see it and bend the page, then later I see it and stick it in, then it slips out again lol, so sometimes I'm using it...trying hehe

It varies here, as we all use different things, one of us swears by cheap napkins (apparently they don't damage books), I use a leather bookmark that I've had from childhood, it used to have a cartoon character painted on it but it faded long ago as has the memory of the cartoon, it ranges here from torn paper to metal strips at this end, to post its (couldn't think of anything worse to use).

Back