• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Do You Want to Read Next?

-Carlos-

List no more than ten books.

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51zO0BOfsFL._SS500_.jpg

The next one on my list is The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber. I've had this one for a while, but library books kept getting in the way. After that, I'd like to read some John Banville and try The Heart Shaped Box (which I just bought today) by Joe Hill. Also, I've been browsing Project Gutenberg, and found a whole bunch there that I'd like to read (Here is a masterlist in excel of all books that can be found on Project Gutenberg).

I honestly don't know, I'm really into what I'm reading now, haven't even thought about the next book.

Embers by Sandor Marai
The Last Oracle by James Rollins
The Iron Marshal by Louis L'Amour
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Ramage's Signal by Dudley Pope
Ramage and the Renegades by Dudley Pope
Dancing at the Rascal Fair by Ivan Doig
The Time It Never Rained by Elmer Kelton

I would like to finish the ones I have allready before I buy new ones but that did not work. For the past few days I have been searching Greek Literature writers and have found some on abe books(not the homer etc..,more modern.) So, that's where I am getting into next.

Hopefully I will be getting Fool's Gold-Maro Douka soon.

My TBR pile is unbelievable. It will take me at least ten years. Immediately following my current book though, I intend to read Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs, by Chuck Klosterman.

This is a short list of novels I will read before the end of 2008.

Blindness by Jose Saramago
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
Independent People by by Halldor Laxness
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Double by Jose Saramago
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

I want to read Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, but I can't find it anywhere, so I guess I'm gonna look for it used on the net somewhere.

My next novel will be Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer:

Oskar Schell is an inventor, Francophile, tambourine player, Shakespearean actor, jeweler, pacifist. He is nine years old. And he is on an urgent, secret search through the five boroughs of New York to find the lock that fits a mysterious key belonging to his father, who died in the attacks on the World Trade Center.

An inspired creation, Oskar is endearing, exasperating and unforgettable. His search for the lock careens from Central Park to Coney Island to the Bronx and beyond. But it also travels into history, to Dresden and Hiroshima, where horrific bombings once shattered other lives. Along the way, Oskar encounters a motley assortment of humanity — a 103-year-old war reporter, a tour guide who never leaves the Empire State Building, lovers enraptured or scorned — all survivors in their own ways.

Ultimately, Oskar ends his journey where it began, at his father's grave. But now he is accompanied by the silent stranger who has been renting the spare room of his grandmother's apartment. They are there to dig up his father's empty coffin.

Rarely does a writer as young as Jonathan Foer display such virtuosity and wisdom. "His prose is clever, challenging, willfully constructed to make you read it again and again," said Marie Arana, in the Washington Post Book World, of Everything Is Illuminated. Once again Foer turns his capacious talent and vision to devastating events and finds solice in that most human quality, imagination. Extemely Loud and Incredibly Close boldly approaches history and tragedy with humor, tenderness and awe.

awww.fantasticfiction.co.uk_images_n28_n142353.jpg

_

Books coming up:
Twisted Triangle by Caitlin Rother (next one)
Upton Sinclair - The Jungle
The Sacred Bones by Michael Byrnes
Flawless by Joshua Spanogle
Love And War by John Jakes
The Woods by Harlan Coben
As Nature Made Him : The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl by John Colapinto
The Lost: A Search for Six of Six Million by Daniel Mendelsohn
Possessed by Thomas B. Allen
Mistaken Identity by fam. Ryn & fam. Cerak

I would like to finish the five books I am reading now, and then read the books impapable gave me to read which to be honest might be more Indian Lit. than I am ready for.

Back