• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What have you read in March?

Just finished Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and am reeling with the disappointment of it. Wow. How can so many people recommend this crap?

steffee said:
Just finished Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and am reeling with the disappointment of it. Wow. How can so many people recommend this crap?

LOL I lost whatever interest I might have had in this book when I saw it at Sam's Club...

dwellerintruth said:
I also enjoyed your opinion on E. Said. It is true that Said does try to address himself to only a specialized public and therefore does not take the time to go deeper into concepts which he takes for granted his reader already knows.How did you come to read him anyway? assignment at school?

maybe said is addressing a rather specialized public, but i still think he misses some points on the logical level. and i read the book because a person very close to me recommended it to me.

Perhaps a "What have you read this month..." thread should be made nearer to the end of a month, so that the statistics are easier to sort and so this doesn't end up as another "I Just Finished Reading" thread. ;) I'll be posting my reads at the end of the month.

as I already mentioned in another post in this thread
The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins

and this past week I read
Lady Audley's Secret - Mary Elizabeth Braddon
Bad Boy - Olivia Goldsmith
The Little Book of Neuroses; Ongoing Trials from My Queer Life - Michael Thomas Ford

Just finished "The body" by Hanif Kureishi. Great book with interesting thoughts about identity among other things.

Reading the book, got me, once again, in touch with why I simply love reading his books. He is a sort of all rounder for me, meaning he has it all really. Humour, food for thought, sensuality and I get great pictures in me head while reading. :)

Anyone else read Kureishi?

This thread is so confusing... :eek:

I finished Lucky by Alice Sebold finally a couple of days ago. It was bad.

I've finished Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides, which I've been on with almost a week. It was worth it though.

I do have to agree that this thread should really be started in the last week of whatever month that we are posting this for, but I do see why some of us post when we do, as sometimes we forget what we have read and want to not forget what we have read.

I have finish reading Last Light; it was very interesting as it showed how much we have become reliant on technology to "talk" with others and how as a result we don't interact with our neighbours, the people that we live next door to, as much as we used to and how if technology were to fail, we would have to become completely dependent on our neighbours and the kindness of strangers in order to survive. I should warn it is a Christian novel before you all go rushing out to borrow the book or buy it.

Finished up The Possessed a few days ago and I'm between books right now as we have company and I want to do some research first on my next reading project.

Ignoring the texts I had to read for final exams earlier this month, I have finished:

It Happened To Nancy by an Anonymous Teenager
The Hawk's Lady by Colleen Shannon
The Rape Poems by Frances Driscoll

I've started reading several books though. Thanks to long-awaited video games coming out around this time, my spring break vacation has only completed about half the amount of books I meant to have done by now.

MonkeyCatcher said:
So, how long did it take you and what did you think? :p
I've answered this elsewhere, but 90 minutes and I wasn't that impressed, really. It was okay, but nothing I expected from Atwood.

Sisterhood of the travelling pants 2 - Ann Brashares (my childhood book that I am re-reading for the 3rd time.)

Midnight club - Christohper Pike (also a re-read...also a book I rea dlike 5 years ago).

Lani

I read "Iceberg" by Clive Cussler, and "Død Joker" by Anne Holt and
Now i`m reading "Left Behind" book 1 by Tim LaHaye :)
Next book will be book 2 of the left behind series by LaHaye.

Back