• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What would you do with the day?

wilderness

If you had midnight till midnight (24 hours)...all to your self. That is no deadlines, chores, responsibilities...ANYTHING, what would you do? How would you spend the day?

Lani

I would probably just laze around the whole day, reading and surfing the net (much like today, actually.. :p )

~MonkeyCatcher~

I'm not too sure but I think it would involve lots of really tasty food. I love food. (Which is why I have to force myself to the gym too). Italian and Chinese food I think. Oooooo, and shopping! Lots of clothes shopping, probably with my sister. And buying Christmas presents for people. (Yep I actually LIKE doing this.) And then some private time with my fiance. In other words, probably lots of pure hedonism. :D That's what fantasy days are for!

I think I would spend mine in bed, too. I love not having to get up and dressed. I would lounge, snack, read, listen to music and other things. Yes that sounds good, I'm off to find supplies, a babysitter and my mattress monkey now :)

mmm. all sounds good.
I woul stay in PJ's all day. It would be rainy and stormy outside, and im warm in bed or by the fire. I would read and write alll afternoon. My friends would come over and we would just lie in bed talking for hours. And my boyfriend would spend the night curled up together...
something like that...sounds good...i wish!

Lani

Yep I'd lie in bed and read for most of the day too. Then during the evening I'd lounge on the sofa and watch a decent film with a bottle of wine.

We're all a bunch of boring gits really aren't we? ;)

Id spend the 24 hours reading, smoking, drinking coffee, snacking on junk food, with some enjoyably aimless wandering from room to room for light entertainment, and I'd reserve the early hours of the morning for being online, just for a change of scenery.I've also often fancied the idea of booking into a hotel for 24 hours and doing nothing, just to be totally silent and alone, I'd love that.

wilderness said:
If you had midnight till midnight (24 hours)...all to your self. That is no deadlines, chores, responsibilities...ANYTHING, what would you do? How would you spend the day?

Lani

I have this every weekend ( saturday and sunday ) In fact I have 48 hours to myself with no deadlines, chores, or responsibilities!

Depends on what I feel like doing. Today I plan to read, write, cook, chat with friends. Tomrrow... don't know. See what happens when I get there!

This never happens in my life but if it did,i would put my feet up with a good book,plenty of coffee and chocs,and a friend round to share a nice takeaway later on! :D

Midnight to midnight?

- Read 'til about 2 am
- Get up around 8 am, go for 5 mile walk
- Go out for brunch somewhere with a view of the water
- Spend the rest of the afternoon at beach or park alternating reading with people-watching
- Go out for sushi at a favourite Japanese restaurant
- Watch the sunset
- Curl up to read with a nice bottle of wine

Morning - take ride on my motorcycle.
Evening or afternoon - Hockey Game if it's hockey season.
Spend some errr... quality time with my wife. ;)
Burgers or steak on the grill.
Reading time.

I'd go biking or running in the morning. Then I'd play a game or two about two hours. Then I'd watch my favorite film. Then I'd lift for two hours. Then I'd probably smoke with my friends for a good amount. Then I'd read which I never get to do. Then I'd order a pizza and watch a movie with my dad.

I'd sharpen the axe, dig a couple of holes in the back yard, and spend the day waiting for salesmen or Bike-evangalists.

So, pretty much my typical weekend.

24 hours in my city is more of a curse than anything.... but if I could spend that day by the lake near where I grew up, I'd pack a huge picnic, bring a good book and spend the whole day either reading, canoeing or swimming. I'd watch the sunset over a glass of Bailey's and spend the night under the stars with my boyfriend.

I feel very homesick all of a sudden. :(

leckert said:
I'd sharpen the axe, dig a couple of holes in the back yard, and spend the day waiting for salesmen or Bike-evangalists.

just waiting to kick someone in the ash-hole?

Back