• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

it is POURING rain out right now..crazy raining. you can hear the grass sighing in relief it's been so long since we've had rain.
anywho, not much going on around here. made 25 bucks in tips from cleaning rooms so i will be hitting the ol' mall up later........... :D

alright well the laundry's calling, the baking needs to get done, and i have yet one more room to clean before i can call 'er a day?

anyone seen leckert? i do miss him so.....

hiya leckert....!!

what am i doing now? well, we are having a f*****g yard sale, or as they say here in the us of a, a tag sale tomorrow. why do i get myself into these situations?! so we are madly cleaning out the shop as it is pouring ass rain out.....and other than that i am up to no good!

I'm up late working on a paper for tomorrow (naturally!). I have a 9:30am meeting, which is going to be hard to handle after little sleep, but TGIF, baby!

I am procrastinating at the moment because the topic is burning me out. My rat, Henry, is trying to help me type as he races around the desk in a tiz. When he's not exploring my exceptionally messy shelves he makes a valient effort to hit as many function keys as possible. I popped out the 'power off' button a while ago after a nasty experience that way!

Back to it...

Kookamoor said:
I'm up late working on a paper for tomorrow (naturally!). I have a 9:30am meeting, which is going to be hard to handle after little sleep, but TGIF, baby!

I am procrastinating at the moment because the topic is burning me out. My rat, Henry, is trying to help me type as he races around the desk in a tiz. When he's not exploring my exceptionally messy shelves he makes a valient effort to hit as many function keys as possible. I popped out the 'power off' button a while ago after a nasty experience that way!

Back to it...
...to interrupt your paper once again: which F-key happens to be the little rodent's favorite?

Heh, reading the Book Forum whilst pretending to write a paper .... been there :)

Of course, mine were always a week late as a matter of course, I just had to take the penalty into account when I wrote it :D

Phil

sirmyk said:
...to interrupt your paper once again: which F-key happens to be the little rodent's favorite?
F9 - on the iBook that makes all the windows squish into the screen. Actually it was Henry who discovered that function for me when he hit the key a few weeks ago. It's really useful... just not nice to have the windows fly about when one is mid sentence!

It is a beautiful day here. We've been cleaning the house, and looking for hidden library books. I'm here at the library while two of the kids have music lessons. One had fiddle lessons, and the other has violin-from the same teacher! I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend, my dh would just like to have the weekend free for a change, without somebody(work,church,or his mom) making demands on his time. We've been invited to go watch an adult Cricket tournament tomorrow afternoon. Who knows where we'll wind up!

Today is our first fall like day, it is chilly and drizzling out, some of the leaves are starting to turn, some of my neighbors have fires going already, I'm wearing my favorite sweater :)

abecedarian said:
One had fiddle lessons, and the other has violin-from the same teacher!

So... my daughter is starting "beginning strings" at her school.

Is there a lot of difference between "fiddle" and "violin"? I assume it is the same instrument?

She will be learning "classical" violin, and I am wondering if that will translate into "fiddling" later on?

Yesterday was our first "feels like fall" day here. It was downright chiily most of the day, and cloudy and blustery until late afternoon when the clouds cleared. Then it was just gorgeous. I took my oldest son to play cricket at 5:30 and I noticed how the light looked different, more like Fall..

leckert said:
So... my daughter is starting "beginning strings" at her school.

Is there a lot of difference between "fiddle" and "violin"? I assume it is the same instrument?

She will be learning "classical" violin, and I am wondering if that will translate into "fiddling" later on?

hmm, I've always wondered what the difference was, I thought maybe just the way they were played :confused:

Ronny said:
hmm, I've always wondered what the difference was, I thought maybe just the way they were played :confused:

I think that is true, Ronny. That, and where in the country you are!

South of the Mason-Dixon line, I think you better oughta call it a fiddle!

Fiddle is for country and bluegrass styles and violin is for classical and folk. It gets really crazy when both kids decide to practice at the same time, in the same room..and its instant insanity for me if I'm trying to lesson plan in the same room :eek:

abecedarian said:
Fiddle is for country and bluegrass styles and violin is for classical and folk. It gets really crazy when both kids decide to practice at the same time, in the same room..and its instant insanity for me if I'm trying to lesson plan in the same room :eek:

Sounds like you need another room!

Ronny said:
I'm wearing my favorite sweater :)
Ooo, Ronny, I know just what you mean... yesterday I got to break out my flannel-lined , thick cottony hooded sweatshirt, so soft and comfy and warm... ahhhhhhhh bliss.

Back