• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Work work work for me. Busy clearing my desk so that I can have next week off with peace of mind. And clearing my desk unfortunately doesn't mean just sweeping everything into the nearest rubbish bin! :p

I'm sitting in the coolest room in my house in front of a fan.. We're having one of those warm, overcast,muggy, feels-like-it could-T Storm-later days. I'm getting very sleepy too, and I need to get around and start supper soon.

Today I'm currently trying to be drunk before 3 pm and apparently it worked because I'm fairly drunk right now. But I guess that is what happens when your friends think it's a good idea to start drinking at 11 am.

Oh yes, hay, been there, done that! It is really easy to be drunk at 3 pm when you start at 11am.

Today is day three of the Great Toilet-training Adventure. I had my doubts yeterday, but today I think he is catching on!!! Oh, the end is in sight, no more diapers....

cajunmama said:
Oh yes, hay, been there, done that! It is really easy to be drunk at 3 pm when you start at 11am.
Especially when you have had nothing for breakfast. But I have heard starting the day with a couple of beers should be really great.

Today was fine until I got home - now I'm almost pulling my hair out - what on earth possessed me to get two dogs of the opposite sex :( :( :( Our male will not shut up, I could cheerfully throttle him at the moment :rolleyes:

i had a day from hell, i saw the devil twice, had a cup of coffee with a vampire and a chess game with the death himself... oh maybe i hallucinate, because our aircoditioning broke and it's so hot, that earlier i wanted to undress until i realized that the only thing i'm actually wearing is my underwear. :(

:p Don't I know it :rolleyes:

He's getting himself so worked up that I'm thinking of getting him injected to reduce his libido - it's a shame they can't do that for all the hormonal teenage boys around :cool:

Oh god, poor Phil!

A normal day at the office for me; worked for two hours, then had a three-hour lunch with all my co-workers (all five of 'em), which included vast amounts of beer and brainstorming about he future of the little internet-business which is gonna make us rich, then I worked for another hour or so, and then we went out and had a drink (or six) to celebrate the vast amounts of money we're bound to make.

I could get used to this.

Cheers

so when you make all these billions and billions of dollars will you still hang around with the likes of us, or will you make new friends on the imf? (instant millionaire forum)

today is sunny!!!finally. thank god!!! so after folding the scary pile of laundrey on my bed i am going to take the boys to the park. i played ball last night so i am a little stiff and sore( and for all you pervs, i meant baseball!!!) my older kid has school this afternoon so the baby and i are going to go run some errands and then i am making shish kebabs for the bbq. at some point there may be a beer on the back porch.

well, today isn't such a big day in my books as it is for my poor little pup. today, he goes to the vet to get his little 'hairy's' cut off....after i drop him off, i start my day of errand running...my friends at the grocery store usually expect me around 10, so hopefully i will make it there on time. then i pop in for a visit with my buddy allan at the post office. when i arrive back at the inn, i will realize i've forgotten something, or our housekeeper reminds me she needed cleaner, so then i will run back out for that.

Housework, housework, and more housework. Two months of taking care of my dad really made a disaster out of the house. The girls want to re-arrange the furniture in their room, too. I also have some business to attend to, if I get a few minutes of peace during the day (not very likely, though).

My plans for today are to avoid freezing to death. They seem to think that it is summer here, and so they've turned off the heat and I am dying a slow and grizzly death in my office without a window. It is actually a beautiful day outside, and far warmer than it is in here... but I cannot justify rampant procrastination today, as it will suddenly be June tomorrow and that brings my next conference astonishingly closer. I plan on spending tomorrow hovering somewhere between panic and denial about my barely-begun presentation.

Kookamoor said:
I plan on spending tomorrow hovering somewhere between panic and denial about my barely-begun presentation.

this made me laugh my guts out. not at your situation but just that feeling. i know it well.

I'm trying to lure the cat out from INSIDE the couch! My goofy little boys brought the mama cat, Sploosh, inside this morning and there was a cushion off the junky couch we need to pitch.. and she saw a hole in the bottom and dove in..now she's scared and won't come out. I'm all for hauling the whole thing out to the yard and setting it next to the trash bins for the trash man to pick up..and there's a strange odor, like cat doo wafting up from there too! Yuck. :eek: Sploosh is being very very quiet, and I have to leave in a minute to take one of my dds to work.

sploosh. funny name. what is dds? i've seen you use it before.
i am currently baking a lemon cheesecake made from yogurt cheese. i'm having a volunteer meeting at the house tonight and thought i'd use the group as guinea pigs to see if it is good.
my co-chair is on her way over to go over tonights agenda and proof all the forms for the fundraising event we are organizing. my son threw all the clean clothes(yet another volkswagon size pile) on the floor so he is bawling his head off as i told him he had to go put them back on the bed. the dog is molting so i have tumble weed sized chunks of dog hair wafting all over the place. the baby is down for an early nap. i am going to have a cup of coffee and oh right, breathe.

Back