• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

this has, quite possibly, been the worst day I've had since I started at the bank. First of all, we had training all day, and the trainer gave us two ten minute breaks. NOT enough time to eat lunch, I would have much rather had my fifteen. I ended up taking my Michelina's bowl out of the microwave while the center was still frozen and gulping the (incredibly hot) park that was cooked and leaving the non-cooked part.
Then, I get home and my freezer has stopped working and I have to bag everything up and run down the street to get this stuff out of the freezer before it flaws so I put it in my best friend's freezer.
THEN I stop at 7-11 and my arse of an ex is working and he's his usual rude grumpy and mean self.
Sigh. I need a three day weekend. OH wait, I have one! I guess all isn't lost.

abecedarian said:
LOL Yeah, and the coach is an Aussie! Who'da thunk we get something so civilized in podunk Kansas?? And only two miles from my house too! :D

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR CHILDREN!?!?

This is 'Merica! We play Baseball... BASEBALL!!! B-A-S-E-B-A-L-L!!!!!

We don't use paddles for bats, and we don't bowl wicked googlies!!!

YOU LIVE IN KANSAS!!!

leckert shakes his head and puts his face in his hands...
and she even has Dudley DoRight's girlfriend on her avatar. I thought she was cool...

:D

I'm preaching a sermon tommorrow so I have to finish writing it today. Tons of housework to do as well as trying to stick to the diet. AGAIN!

leckert said:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR CHILDREN!?!?

This is 'Merica! We play Baseball... BASEBALL!!! B-A-S-E-B-A-L-L!!!!!

We don't use paddles for bats, and we don't bowl wicked googlies!!!

YOU LIVE IN KANSAS!!!

leckert shakes his head and puts his face in his hands...
and she even has Dudley DoRight's girlfriend on her avatar. I thought she was cool...

:D

What am I doing to my kids? Why, ruining them of course! It's a time honored method of raising future psychiatric patients ;)

Actuallty, we have family friends who moved back to England a year ago, and I think this helps my son feel more connected to them.. besides at the level he's playing, everyone plays, unlike in baseball-where only the coach's kid gets to pitch. And it's cheap-$50 for a season,with no expensive uniforms to buy.
I guess we won't be going to the tournament anyway-dh is replacing a toilet, and I'm feeling like I'm coming down with the stomach bug dh had a few days ago(still has,really). So I guess I'll be lesson planning and trying to get estimates from catering services for a ladies' retreat my church is having soon.

we are just getting ready for ophelia. it has been down graded to a tropical storm but we still may lose the power so i am cooking stuff to eat in case we do.

well when it gets down graded to a tropical storm it doesn't really amount to a hill a beans for us, we are inland, but the coastal communities will have a doozy of a day.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.

AND in the office on Saturday.

AND have to get groceries in the infernal rain. It'd be nice if I were inside, but alas there are errands to run.

Chilli for dinner... mmm!

well still doing the *&^%$# garage sale......it's all crap anyway..tomorrow we've decided to tell people it's free and take what you want....if not it's off to the dump we go! wow. my days are dull. my friend comes for a visit tomorrow and i am very excited to see him..it's been over a year since i last saw him, so it will be a fun couple of days!

ricky said:
well still doing the *&^%$# garage sale......it's all crap anyway..tomorrow we've decided to tell people it's free and take what you want....if not it's off to the dump we go! wow. my days are dull. my friend comes for a visit tomorrow and i am very excited to see him..it's been over a year since i last saw him, so it will be a fun couple of days!

You could offer it for free, or do what some folks have to, I mean for, us..
You've heard of drive-by shootings? Well, we have drive-by clothing-drop offs..Several times I've opened my front door to find black lawn and leaf bags packed full of clothes! While I appreciate people's generosity, I sometimes wonder if they think we're sitting around in our undies here, hoping somebody will bring us something to wear :eek:

I had a crazy day - was supposed to be having five people over for dinner but ended up with 15 - phew, glad its over. Just taking it easy now with a nice big bowl of vanilla ice cream laced with a big dose of baileys.

abecedarian, your post just cracked me up, - I can just see it - a 'pimped' out car making a fast getaway after the thugs within have shot big black bags at your door, their tyres screeching as they turn the corner too fast.

Gem said:
I had a crazy day - was supposed to be having five people over for dinner but ended up with 15 - phew, glad its over. Just taking it easy now with a nice big bowl of vanilla ice cream laced with a big dose of baileys.

abecedarian, your post just cracked me up, - I can just see it - a 'pimped' out car making a fast getaway after the thugs within have shot big black bags at your door, their tyres screeching as they turn the corner too fast.

:D Around here, that pimped out car is more likely a pickup truck!

Gem said:

I'm having a bit of the same problem a friend from New Orleans is staying with me for awhile and my mother in law came up this weekend for a surprise trip. I only have 1 guest room so it's been a weekend of scrambling around and currently I'm camping in the living room. I spent Friday & Saturday night in one of my son's bunkbeds. I've always got people popping in for dinner as well and my M.I.L. must think I'm running a diner here :)

Ronny said:
I'm having a bit of the same problem a friend from New Orleans is staying with me for awhile and my mother in law came up this weekend for a surprise trip. I only have 1 guest room so it's been a weekend of scrambling around and currently I'm camping in the living room. I spent Friday & Saturday night in one of my son's bunkbeds. I've always got people popping in for dinner as well and my M.I.L. must think I'm running a diner here :)

I've always been mystified by this practice of letting unexpected visitors sleep in your bed. I've got a single bed in my guest room and that is it. Visitors, whether expected or not, can sleep in there or on the couch. Hell will probably freeze over before I give up my bed for someone who should have called or gotten themselves a hotel. Luckily we really don't run into this problem. My mom visits all the time, but it is always planned, and the eventually to be in laws would rather do just about anything other than visit us.

Normally I'm not so willing to share but under the circumstances and because of my closeness to the 2 people I was willing to be nice for a few days. The friend offered to go to my parents house for the weekend but much more fun to watch the drama here, a long complicated story but funny as hell to me :D

Ronny said:
Normally I'm not so willing to share but under the circumstances and because of my closeness to the 2 people I was willing to be nice for a few days.

See that's probably the difference here. If it were me (and my friend & MIL) I'd feel differently. In fact, one of them (you can guess on your own which one) would probably be sleeping in the shed by the end of the visit.

Just got back from the family get together from hell! Lots of washing to do!
But so glad to be home! :D

mehastings said:
I've always been mystified by this practice of letting unexpected visitors sleep in your bed. I've got a single bed in my guest room and that is it. Visitors, whether expected or not, can sleep in there or on the couch. Hell will probably freeze over before I give up my bed for someone who should have called or gotten themselves a hotel. Luckily we really don't run into this problem. My mom visits all the time, but it is always planned, and the eventually to be in laws would rather do just about anything other than visit us.
I'm with you - I don't give up my bed. In the past when visitors come to stay with me they were warned in advance that they will be provided with a "futon of questionable comfort". My partner's parents mentioned that they wanted to use our bed because the futon was too uncomforable (and thus they expected us to sleep on it?!). They ended up staying in a hotel! Now we've gotten rid of the futon and replaced it with a "couch of questionable comfort".

I also hate sleeping in other people's beds (especially when they don't change the sheets - EW!). I'd much rather have the couch. I feel like I'm imposing and forcing the other person to endure a rough night's sleep. The one exception to this is if the person lives with their brother who comes home at 4am drunk or with a chicky-poo in tow. I'm quite happy for my friend to sleep on the couch in that instance and I'll take her bed!

I remember when I was single and living in my apartment that had a bed and table. NO couch. Anyone who wanted to stay with me was told they could sleep on the floor or with me, and I was a cuddler.

Back