1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

Discussion in 'General Book Discussion' started by Libra, May 2, 2008.

1. Meadow337

Meadow337 Former Moderator

cool....

I'm standing on an island in Venice looking at the smoking ruins of glass foundry that just exploded and burned to the ground because a dead woman was stuffed in the furnace.

Cosimah2o likes this.
  2. butterflylover

butterflylover New Member

Currently Reading:
    bite club
    I am on the lookout for witches,and dark spirits.

Cosimah2o likes this.
  3. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    Algo q puedes entonar con perfecta dicción /J.bosk
    In the Couturier Couloir with Patrick Vallençant . I’m ready to start the pedal-hop turn with my Omeglass Dynastar + look Nevada N17 . Before descending, I repeat - in my head - his advice : My downhill ski pole ahead of my downhill boot, all my weight on my downhill ski and I lift my uphill ski .... Then, I must extend my uphill leg and now only I have to make a diverging movement with my unweighted downhill ski .... Ok, on y va !!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. Sarah Murphy

Sarah Murphy New Member

In Flowers For Algernon Now I can see where I got the unusual motivation for becoming smart that so amazed everyone at first.

Cosimah2o likes this.
  5. trappa

trappa Member

Currently Reading:
    Bad guys, linwood barclay
    I'm in the woods somewhere in America and I've just found a dead body

Cosimah2o likes this.
  6. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    I'm climbing blindly in Grosse Sandspitze - the Lienz Dolomites - with Andy Holzer , Hans Bruckner and the tenacious mother of Andy . Today my hands learn to read vertical routes and for the first time, I'm being concious how my sense of balance and my center of gravity help me to anticipate the direction of force when i make a climbing move .

7. strange101

strange101 New Member

Currently Reading:
    Paper Towns
    I'm in downtown Orlando helping Margo Roth Spiegelman get revenge!

Cosimah2o likes this.
  8. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    In the K2 Base Camp ( at 5100 meter ) with Jean-Christophe Lafaille and Hans Kammerlander . We're acclimating us to altitude while we redesign an attempt to the Basque Route ( the controversial Cesen) in alpine-style and maybe, a ski descent on the K-2 summit . The original plan was to climb a new route in solo, but the uncertainty of the weather and << old mixed feelings >> has given rise to this unexpected roped team .

9. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    Opposite the Arête de la Dentelle -foresummit of Jannu- at around 6700 meters with Xabier Garaioa, Patxi Senosiain and Mari Abrego . We are climbing a narrow and steep couloir ( it is 70º) of ice, rock, and mixed terrain using the fixed rope installed by Josema, Iñaki, Muru for securing this part of climb and from here reach the snow-covered ridge which will lead us to Camp V at 6900 meters . (( On April 23/24, 1981))

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  10. bartleby

bartleby Member

Currently Reading:
    If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things Jon McGregor
    I'm in Jingdezhen in Eastern China, rummaging through mounds of ancient porcelain shards... I'm on The White Road,

Cosimah2o likes this.
  11. Greg on the go

Greg on the go New Member

I'm in a hospital room recovering from a simple operation. Mother comes to visit from out-of-state, and I long for her to open up to me emotionally, but our conversations are rather awkward.

Cosimah2o likes this.
  12. Matt Sayle

Matt Sayle Member

Currently Reading:
    There Once Were Stars
    I'm in Dome 1618, a covered city protected from the deadly radiation that has poisoned the world outside for four generations.

Cosimah2o likes this.
  13. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    In the Pamir Mountains with Simone Moro, Mario Curnis ( 73 years old), Denis Urubko and Andrey Molotov we are making the program Snow Leopard ( climb five 7000 peaks on the former USSR territory) in a single season, that is, in the summer of 1999 . This << alpine marathon >> was a pending project of Anatolij Boukreev and Simone wanted to keep a promise . Today we are starting to climb the Kommunism Peak ( 7495 m).... It's unusual the great complicity between Mario and Andrey because neither of them talk the same language and without words both can read their thoughts . It seems familiar to me.....

14. Wolly

Wolly New Member

Chapter 12 in the book "Sons & Lovers"

15. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    I'm applying chalk to my hands before climbing some boulders at Devil's Lake state park in Baraboo, Wisconsin ( mid-1950s) . I'm not alone, John Gill is there too . We are talking about training routines just for boulderers, bouldering problems/routes like 5.9+/5.10/5.12, his last conversation with Yvon Chouinard & Royal Robbins and also about his next adventure in Red Cross Rock......He murmured something of a dynamic move with which we could learn to fly !!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  16. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    I'm travelling around Slovenia with Ed Douglas our purpose is knowing in depth the personality and Spirituality of the alpinist Tomaz Humar, he was part showman and part mystic . Yesterday we had a meeting in Kamnik with some menbers of roped team (( before being soloist )) and friends such as Tone Skarja, Bojan Pollak, Marko Prezelj, the brothers Karnicar, among others .....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  17. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    I'm gazing at the Icefall called Symphonie d'Automne in the Besson lake's cliffs (( Alpe d'Huez )) while François Damilano is solo climbling, on February 1981 . En route to cliffs François told me that he has etched in his memory 3 images and he is convinced that these will mark his destiny . He was talking about : Mike Weiss & Jeff Lowe in Bridalveil Fall, 1974 / Dale Bart & Rob Taylor free climbing in Seracs, Mount Fay/ Gian-Carlo Grassi & Gianni Comino in l'Hypercouloir ( goulotte), 1978 .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018