• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

I am now in a helicopter, owned by the Vatican and about to land in Avignon, but we first have to get through this storm coming in. The air (and tone) is electrifying.

In Zimbabwe, waiting for my brother's ashes to be sent home from England, and trying to keep the relatives who've assembled for the funeral from eating me out of the house.

I am in an Earth about 5 steps from Datum Earth, looking into the complaints of workers in a Steampunk Foundry. I really hate "Stepping" it makes me sick.

I'm on Triton,Neptune's moon,mining for ancient alien minerals and have just fell into an icey cavern where an alien has lured me so that it can upload itself into my sub-conscious as it needs my assistance to divert the destruction of Earth! :)

In the Dolomites . I'm sitting on a chair inside the Vajolet refuge, in the Valley di Fassa ( Italy ) . I am not alone there . Redaelli, Eros Boniati, Renzo Galbiati and Riccardo Cassin are talking about their last adventures in " Il Castelletto" by the route Kiene, " Campanile Basso ", " Diedre Ferhman " and from time to time, they also talk about the mountains of Valsassina in Lecco. Suddenly, Tita Piaz ( the best friend of Preuss and Dülfer ) , comes toward us and he says: - Yes, I've heard of Cassin !! And then, Cassin was dumbfounded ....

In Tre Cime di Lavaredo . I'm reading << la ligne d'une goutte d'eau qui tombe >> , that is, I'm discovering the logic and elegance of Emilio Comici's style ...

I'm doing a fieldwork among a little-known tribe in Kongle, a mountain Dowayo village ( Northern Cameroon ) . I am trying to modulate my tones for speaking Dowayo language, although it's hard for me because they has 4 tones and sometimes their tones are mixed and a warm greeting can become an insult... Fortunately Matthieu, my dowayo assistant and French-speaking, avoids that my tonal efforts can be gobbled up, literally, as their lunch .

Back