• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where are you? (in the book you are reading) - please read 1st post

In London, standing in the doorway of the Long Bar at the Criterion, watching Dr. Crippen buy champagne and take his lover home. His wife has been gone for a while.

Im in Cumbria,England in 878. I helped Alfred the Great defeat the Danes which meant Wessex was his once more. I'm not happy with Alfred though because my rewards are pityful and all because I'm still a pagan,and not a Christian. So,I've returned north in hopes of eventually re-taking Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland which is my birthright,and which my estranged uncle seized.

I am with Biscante near a hamlet in Praz . I'm helping him to make rubber-soled shoes for his next adventure in la Walker . While I'm trying to fix & sew the insole for getting a right grip, Biscante talks about <<Les gars du Biclope and the Annécien alpinist Gustave Corréard >>, his skill with the portrait painting, some of his dreams of youth such as les Aiguilles du Diable & the Tournier Spur or his first exploits in Charmoz-Grépon saved by Démarchi & Frendo . Also he jokes about the first shared adventure in le couloir Couturier with Terray, Lenoir et Payot and how he taught Lenoir to go downhill ... -Biscante makes me laugh a lot of times-.

Handcuffed to my bed with "spider things" crawling all around and over me.

-and-

In the library with an Empress reading the works of my dead mother.

I am shipwrecked near what looks like a deserted island; the only survivor so it seems, adrift. The problem is that I can't reach that all so close beach because...well...I can't swim.

San Francisco, 1903.
I am watching a big ruckus. It seems that the automobile is so new it still has a few bugs, to say the least. It offers thick exhaust, lots of dust, and the horse and buggies can not get around it. This gives me an idea that will soon make me rich.

(the start of a new book)

From a dimension where time shifts from tomorrow, to yesterday, to now; from one moment to the next I find an old time town in the middle of the hot desert plain. I enter its only saloon, make an order of three burgers and a glass of suds and, as I consume my food, a piano playing Beatles fan fills the place with a song.

In Amatka. I just forgot to remember that my suitcase is a suitcase, and so now it's no longer a suitcase. Fungus all over my floor. Ewwww.

Escaping through the woods of Alaska. Leading my horse Mariah while Bane has the dogs out on point, the reporter from Seattle is spooked from the grenade that the person chasing has just launched at us. Heading towards an Inuit village, I hope is there, for sanctuary.

I am a young jewish girl, hiding with my family and another family in a section of my fathers office, trying to stay quiet, and writing in my diary.( Kitty)

Back