• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which bookstores do you prefer?

"The Nedumentary". Great site, lol :D

"Neds" is your nickname (that's a general 'your' not a personal 'your'), yeah?

So, the nightlife's good I presume (though not as good as Newcastle, of course ;))

Yes, neds are our chavs.

And the nightlife is good and varied. Clubs are open to three, except in winter when they are opened to four. Some pubs have late licenses to three also. And then there's restaurants and pubs that turn into clubs. Some titty bars, too, if you like that sort of thing. Usual fare, I suppose.

We just don't have Newcastle's status of "stag night city" - Edinburgh does, though.

Stewart said:
Yes, neds are our chavs.
Finally someone who knows what "chavs" are. :eek:

And the nightlife is good and varied. Clubs are open to three, except in winter when they are opened to four.
Um, yeah that makes sense :rolleyes: ;)

We just don't have Newcastle's status of "stag night city" - Edinburgh does, though.
Edinburgh's crap. Compared to Newcastle, it really is.

I know Edinburgh's crap. I was in Newcastle about seven years ago for a weekend, but I don't remember much about it now.

You need to go back then. Newcastle has much more to offer than 80s (not that there's anything wrong with 80s).

One day, probably. I believe that in my travel itinery for this year I have a weekend in Brighton to visit a friend.

Thanks for all the pics and info. In reading the article on safe cities, I see Bangui, Central African Republic is listed dead last at 215. We know a family who had to flee a few years ago. They had 15 minutes to pack. They're now on furlough from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, which sounds like an exciting place to live too.
Slam Scotland all you want, I still want to go...:D Now if someone would just buy me a winning lottery ticket...

i've always liked Dymocks here in Australia.. but a HUGE Borders opened not so long ago in a shopping centre near to me, and it's something else! pity about Gloria Jean being the coffee shop inside tho, i've never liked their coffee.. great choice of books, good sale prices, and good specials... i have to admit it - i've not been out of their scifi/fantasy and crime sections yet, cept to look at some specials.. lol...

great pics Stewart! enjoyed looking at them.. nothing 'wee' about that collection! :D

You're in Kansas. Why not do that Wizard Of Oz thing and spin your house into the air until it lands in colourful Glasgow?

Yeah, Dorothy's little trip was concussion-induced...not exactly how I'd plan a dream vacation to Scotland:p Besides, she killed a wicked witch...there aren't any of those in Scotland, are there? ;)

Ooh Stewart I think you'd look quite fetching in some silver shoes.

The wicked witch-y wives will all love you ;)

Back