• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which song are you listening to right now?

Not really listening to music right now but the song I listen to the most these day is Massive Attack - Angel

"Death May Be Your Santa Claus" is always a good eye opener...although there's probably only three members of this forum who have heard this song. :) Oh those wacky "Brain Caper Kids." :)

Irene Wilde

Irene Wilde said:
"Death May Be Your Santa Claus" is always a good eye opener...although there's probably only three members of this forum who have heard this song. :) Oh those wacky "Brain Caper Kids." :)

My MTH collection is sorely lacking. It wouldn't hurt to pick up some of their schtufff when I get the chance.

RaVeN

Gizmo said:
Are there any other punk rock fans out there? Like Green Day, Sum 41, Limp Bizkit, Good Charlotte?
Both Phil & I like Green Day :) Not so keen on the others though.

RaVeN,

Angel Air has recently done re-releases of all the Island albums, which are very good and have extensive liner notes. I still haven't picked up a copy of "Mad Shadows" but I've been relatively impoverished of late. And I think Sony just did a 30th anniversary release of the live album, which I'm told is very good.

Irene Wilde

Irene Wilde said:
And I think Sony just did a 30th anniversary release of the live album, which I'm told is very good.

That one sounds like a MUST buy. Thanks for the information.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
That one sounds like a MUST buy. Thanks for the information.

RaVeN

The must buy on my list is due out after the first of the year. An as-yet-untitled DVD recorded last May at the Astoria featuring Ian Hunter and the Rant Band, with Mick Ralphs, Brian May, and Joe Elliott. I understand Luther/Ariel was in the wings itching to get onstage and play too, but he was pissed as a newt.

I already know just how incredible it's going to be because I was there!!!!! You can watch it and see if you can pick Irene Wilde or Billy Oblivion and some of their pals out from crowd. :)

But I have to seriously save my pennies at this point because it's a UK-only release (so far) which requires not only the purchase of the DVD, but also the region-free DVD player to go with it. With luck, it will pick up a Canadian distributor as well -- Canadian DVDs play just fine on US machines. :)

Off to listen to a little "Artful Dodger" and make some herbal tea for my sore throat.

Irene Wilde

I wondered how long it would be before Mott The Hoople got a mention here. I've been holding back leaving the way clear for Ms Wilde.
RaVeN: The 30th anniversary Mott Live is absolutely brilliant and well worth the purchase.
Anyone who isn't aware of this band, or their ex singer Ian Hunter, should really do their ears a favour and check them out.

Billy Oblivion said:
I wondered how long it would be before Mott The Hoople got a mention here. I've been holding back leaving the way clear for Ms Wilde.
RaVeN: The 30th anniversary Mott Live is absolutely brilliant and well worth the purchase.
Anyone who isn't aware of this band, or their ex singer Ian Hunter, should really do their ears a favour and check them out.

But Mr. Oblivion, I'm IRENE WILDE. I give Mr. Hunter his props every time I sign my name.

Irene Wilde
(see? I just did it again!) :)

Billy Oblivion said:

Thank you. It's been some time since I've bought an album (yeah, yeah, I know) but I plan on tracking this one down soon.

And Irene, I guess I could do an online search, but have you any idea what Brian May has been up to of late?

RaVeN

My CDs arrived today from Amazon so, over the course of the day, I'll be listening to all of the following albums:

Einstuerzende Neubauten - Perpetuum Mobile
Luke Haines - Das Capital - The Songwriting Genius of Luke Haines and The Auteurs
Luke Haines - Christie Malry's Own Double Entry (Original Soundtrack)
Black Box Recorder - Passionoia.

I can definitely claims that Das Capital is excellent.

Back