• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your favourite author, and why?

I'm in agreement with Morty...My favorite authors continously change, too...
I love Gibran, Hesse, Austen, Shakespeare (midnight-summer's dream is one of my favorites books), Christie, LeRoy..And i love De Carlo..a italian writer..i don't think you know him..

I haven't red Grishman's book yet..But i promise you I do it as soon as...ok?

[Forgive me for my Horrible english...]

I'm always having new favourites but I have a few who remain constant:
Georgette Heyer
Wilbur Smith
Tamora Pierce
Julie Garwood
Elizabeth Peters
Mary Stewart

I love Tom Clancy and his distinctive style that really gives realism to his books, but I also like Robert Jordon and the depth and scope he puts in his books{the Wheel of time series}

favourite author

i'd have to say that at the moment my fav author is matthew reilly i'm in the process of re-reading the schofield books he's done (ice station, area7 and scarecrow) and i think he's bloody brilliant. though one quick question, does anyone know if maghooks are real?

Favorite authors..

I'd have to say..
Dan Brown
J.K. Rowling
Mitch Albom

Probably the few authors who will continue to be my favorites.

I can't remember if I already posted in this thread, if I did, this is probably a completely different list of authors anyway, lol, as I will suddenly remember a writer I love and had forgotten all about..
Well I would never forget Jane Austen, I can and do read her books over and over and over...
I also love Cormac Mcarthy, Henry James, Charlotte Bronte, Anthony Trollope, Charles Dickens, Edith Wharton, currently Haruki Murakami, Shakespeare, Thackeray, Fanny Burney.....

I'll probably think of a lot more as soon as Ive posted this :rolleyes:

Oooh...Hard decision to make, but based on the number of books I have read of each author I currently like, I'll say:

Clive Barker: I really enjoyed The Great & Secret Show, Everville, Coldheart Canyon and Sacrament...but have been less impressed by the Abarat books. He is a very imaginative and descriptive writer.

Stephen King: Well, it's a cliched choice really, but I have recently begun to enjoy his work more and my favourites include The Stand, The Dark Tower Series and Rose Madder. I enjoy the more 'famous' titles, such as Carrie, The Shining and Misery less.

George Orwell: What can you say really? Nineteen Eighty-Four and Animal Farm are classics and I have read them many times, although they tend to lose their immediate effect after so many readings.

To choose just one would be hard.

Looking at my bookshelf it would have to be one of the following:

Aldous Huxley
Douglas Adams
Richard Adams
Hermann Hesse
Robert Heinlein
Terry Pratchett
Fyodor Dosteyevsky
C.S Lewis
John Steinbeck
George Orwell
Clive Barker

Like I said hard to choose and all so different as well.

Patchwork Girl said:
Clive Barker: I really enjoyed The Great & Secret Show, Everville, Coldheart Canyon and Sacrament...but have been less impressed by the Abarat books.

Well, the Abarat books are written for kids and can't really be compared to his other work save, maybe, The Thief Of Always.

My favourite author is Dean Koontz. Other favourites of mine include Richard Laymon, Tess Gerritsen, James Patterson and Stanley Pottinger.

My favourite authors are Christine Feehans, JD Robb/Nora Roberts, Dan Brown, Julie Garwood, Jonathan Kellarman. At the moment I'm reading Jaid Black series. Anyone who like Amy Tan should try out "Chinese Cinderella" by Adeline Yeh Mah. It's just like Amy's joy luck club but alot sadder.

Oooh too hard to pick just one, so I'll go with my absolute favourites :p

Dean Koontz
Linda Fairstein
Laurell K Hamilton
Charlaine Harris
Nora Roberts
J K Rowling
Lisa Gardiner

It always pains me to read questions like, "Who is your favorite author?" or "What is your favorite book?" because I have difficulty narrowing down my list to only one or a few. For now - since there is not enough time in the world to list all my favorite authors - I choose Margaret Mitchell.

Well, newer authors that are my current favorites would have to be such as, Christopher Paolini, I'm reading his new book now. And a much lesser known author, Fred Wiehe, his stuff is great. See my posting in general topics for more on him. :)

Back