• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your favourite author, and why?

No Dan Brown is got to be one of the best authors that I have read. He has good solid story. That keeps you reading till the end of the book. Read Angels and Demons, great book.(the book before The Da Vinci Code)

J.G. ballard must top my list, I love his apocalyptic optimism. Other authors on the top shelf of my bookshelf are Paul Theroux, Angela Carter, Thomas Hardy, H.P. Lovecraft, Albert Camus, Andrey Bely, George Eliot, Phillip Pullman, John Barth, and William Gibson. Palahaniuk almost makes the list with Survivor, Choke and Lullaby (haven't read Fight Club yet), but he's gonna lose me if he doesn't come up with a new trick soon. I better pos before I think of anyone else... :rolleyes:

buddi

Well....I think this question should be pluralized to who are your favourite authors, since most people have more than just one.

Mine are, Heller, Hasek, George Eliot, Tolkien, Dostoevsky, Marquez, Rushdie, Calvino, Hardy, Goethe, Gogol, Turgenev, Bulgakov, Flaubert, de Laclos, Thackeray, Dumas, Zola, Graham Greene, Steinbeck, Twain, Kafka, Camus, Lermontov, Pushkin, Cervantes....and many more. :)

Did the Hulk write It's Not Easy Being Green? I'm worried about him. It looks like he has high blood pressure.

My favorite author(s):

Well, they work as a duel and they're awesome like that:

Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. :) I also like Peter Benchley and Michael Crichton, both have some good stuff...

Here are some of my favourites, with my favourite book of their's:

Recent favourites:
Dan Eggers - You Shall Know Our Velocity
Michael Chabon - The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay
Daniel Duane - Caught Inside
Tom Robbins - Jitterbug Perfume

Classic favourites:
Charles Dickens - Great Expectations
Thomas Hardy - The Mayor of Castorbridge
Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
George Orewell - 1984

Plus special mention to great authors with only a few books of note:

Tolkien - LOTR
DBC Pierce - Vernon God Little
JD Salinger - Catcher in the Rye

My favourite author would have to be... David Eddings. My favourite book of his is Belgarath the Scorcerer which goes along with the two series: The Belgariad and The Mallorean. :cool:

Darren Lewis said:
For me it's Clive Cussler, followed by John Grisham.

Cussler? Grisham? Well, Grisham writes interesting light entertainment, at his best; but favourite authors? Like saying your favourite food is hamburgers.

Reminds me of when a friend shifted house, he offered the mover beer, for doing a good job. Guy was a beer afficionado—had beer from all over the world. He asked the mover what kind of beer he liked best. Mover thought for a while and said "Um …stubbies."

Back