• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You can use the f-word in class

Robert said:
...I was wondering what others thought of it.
What a f**king joke. They are seriously allowing students to say f**k up to five f**king times in class without any f**king reprimands? I've got one more... but I'm saving it for tomorrow’s lesson.

sirmyk said:
What a f**king joke. They are seriously allowing students to say f**k up to five f**king times in class without any f**king reprimands? I've got one more... but I'm saving it for tomorrow’s lesson.

LOL. Good of you to get right into the spirit of things, sirmyk.

anyway, to me it's just a word and no harm at all.. only to irk others or let out anger..

if you are in my country, don't you dare to scold the teacher with that word, if not the discipline masters and mistress will give you a visit..

Peder said:
Phew!
You meant only the word. That's a relief!

LOL-Peder, the funniest comment yet. :D

Being in the business for awhile now, I guess that I'm shocked by this kind of thing. You'd better bet that the kids will take full advantage of their four free passes, and then some. Kids always push the limit and then try to see if they can do a little more. This just opens up pandora's box a little bit more for them. It's best just to say no the first time and mean it. Kids don't get far with me since I stress that if they want to get somewhere with me(i.e.-delaying a test day or stating a gripe) it isn't if it's stated, it's how it's stated. As soon as one curses, they know they've lost and that I won't listen. After awhile, they have learned how to reason and articulate their points better than most people, including their parents.

"The 1,130-pupil school, which was criticised as 'not effective' by Ofsted inspectors..."

Yeah, no shit.

I really can't believe they would allow it, I noticed last year at the school that some of the kids used a much more "colorful" vocabulary than I did at that age, but allowing cussing in school, especially the f'word. I mean I don't cuss when I'm there so why should they be able to do it?

Mari said:
"The 1,130-pupil school, which was criticised as 'not effective' by Ofsted inspectors..."

Yeah, no shit.

LOL-The less that is tolerated, the better it is academically for the most part. :)

I try to be open minded about things, but this disturbs me and I can only hope it isn’t a trend. I already have some problems trying to get my 15 year old daughter to understand that that sort of language isn’t acceptable. She argues that she hears it all the time on the school buses and in the halls at school so it should be alright to use those words at home. I can only imagine the nightmare we would have if an educational institution declared it acceptable to use that kind of language in a formal environment where discipline and respect for authority should not be compromised.

There is a time and place for everything...including words. A classroom is no place for using the word "****". I can't believe that teachers, and administrators have sunk to this level. Some people deserve to lose their jobs over this. I can only hope this disease does not spread.

Glamorizing horrific behavior in the media is doing no good for society. How many times does a person hear a word bleeped out on televison now? How many times during the MTV Video Awards could a "bleep" be heard?

Yes "****" is just a word. Yes censorship is, by and large, not a good thing. That does not mean respect and self-control should be buried in the backyard.

Motokid said:
Glamorizing horrific behavior in the media is doing no good for society. How many times does a person hear a word bleeped out on televison now? How many times during the MTV Video Awards could a "bleep" be heard?

I find bleeps to be silly. I mean everybody knows the words, and it doesnt take a genious to figure out what word was bleeped. Hearing a bleep or the f-word dont really make a difference.

Motokid said:
Yes "****" is just a word. Yes censorship is, by and large, not a good thing. That does not mean respect and self-control should be buried in the backyard.

I agree completely!

chewlianchillz said:
anyway, to me it's just a word and no harm at all.. only to irk others or let out anger..

if you are in my country, don't you dare to scold the teacher with that word, if not the discipline masters and mistress will give you a visit..

Maybe we need a bit of that here in the west :D

In my daughters school you carnt say boo and your on report! If your hairs not tied up,if you wear make-up,earrings,wrong colour socks etc! So there is no chance of them swearing! They do need to lighten up a bit with all there rules etc,but on the other hand if they told me to f off i would kill them! :D

also plans to send 'praise postcards' to the parents of children who do not swear and who turn up on time for lessons.

This whole mentality pisses me off. Why do we reward children for meeting the BARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS?

We are so concerned about "traumatizing" our children, that we cannot bear to tell them when they are wrong! We have school systems that do not give "grades" or "fail" any students because they don't want to create competition. We have parents who refuse to discipline their children because they don't want to make them fearful. We have sports leagues that do not keep score because they don't want to hurt the feelings of the team that scores fewer points.

Maybe I need to start another thread, but I would love to know when we gave the reins of this country (or world) to our children?

Even if we take away the issue of the f word, I am stunned that they have a policy allowing students to talk back to teachers five times in a session. I'm too young to be old fashioned, but that's how I see it.

If anyone swore at school when I was a kid, they'd get a beating of the teachers, and quite rightly so.

Back