• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you are a member of TBF when.....

SFG75

5.)Checking TBF becomes more attractive than sleep at 5 a.m.

4.)The possibility of posting in the "just read" thread gives you encouragement to read more than you intended to in one sitting.

3.)You see a book write-up in a paper and think of the site and who will post about it.

2.)You wonder what Motokid will post next. :eek:

1.)You see two old codgers arguing and you wonder if it's really Peder & Sirmyk. :D

Anyone else with some observations? :cool:

well I've only just joined so as yet don't really feel I fully 'belong' However I'm enjoying reading threads so far.

I have to agree with most of these points. However, I do not think about seeing who is on TBF at 5 am..I'm catching my last 30 minutes of shut-eye at that time.
I DO find myself reading more carefully lately, so If I post about what I just read, I can say something more adult than, "It was a good book. I learned a lot."
It IS fun to see what threads will pop up next, regardless of who posts them..although SOME people come up with the wildest ideas.. :D

It IS fun to see what threads will pop up next, regardless of who posts them..although SOME people come up with the wildest ideas.. :D

Yeah, you gotta watch that Peder fellow. ;)

How about:

You know you are a TBF member when you start thinking in third person italics of witty reactions to what your boss has just said!

leckert looks around to see if anyone has noticed him.

SFG,
I can see I'm not yet a true member of TBF to let this many posts go by before catching them there one's up there! :D
But I'm working on it. I think if I did without sleep and never went out for coffee I might get the knack. :rolleyes:

Undaunted, :)
Peder

Doug Johnson said:
You come across poorly written prose and your first thought is, "The people at TBF would hate that."

[size=+1]Uh-oh![/size]

Now you tell me?! That I am supposed to be writing in English. :eek: Instead of the language I speak?

Desolate, :(
Peder

SFG75 said:
1.)You see two old codgers arguing and you wonder if it's really Peder & Sirmyk. :D
26 is considered old now? (gasp!)

6.) You have received a warning, or at least a pre-warning from a forum moderator.

8) You feel embarrased for not having time to read because your 'Currently Reading' book has been up there for almost a month and you still haven't finished the darn thing!

For leckert: Looks up at Jonathan Strange in the Currently Reading section and blushes.

You might actually get some actual book reading done if it were not for the fact you were not constantly posting to the book forum.

Wabbit said:
You might actually get some actual book reading done if it were not for the fact you were not constantly posting to the book forum.
I usually only post here when I'm at the office, usually in my lunch hour (as now - mmm chilli!), or after I complete a task as a reward.

When I'm at home and have my books with me I am trying to catch up on the chores, cooking, spending time with the other half and sleeping, all of which get neglected because I'm at the office so much at the moment plugging away at both my thesis work and my job.

:rolleyes:

Back