• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your book activity today

Read about 40 pages of Awakening by William Horwood between 6-7am cos even tho it's my day off I couldn't sleep-in,and then another 30 or so out in the sun about an hour ago. Awakening is the 2nd in a quartet of books set in the modern world and parallel fantasy world of Hyddenworld,and it's a kind of ecological fantasy.

I read one chapter of Great Expectations during lunch today. On the first of this month I began a "real" job that takes up 45 hours of my precious reading time each week. Since I started the job, my reading time is cut down to 20 minutes during the day while on my lunch break and I've been having to play catch-up on my cleaning at home in the evenings, so I'm not finding much time there either. I think I'm going to have to find a way to disguise my Kindle at work so I can read during the downtimes.

I started Room by Emma Donoghue at 5.40 am before going into work,but at first had to re-read bits of it as it's told from a 5yr old boys viewpoint,but you soon get into his patter. Just read some more up in the den but keep nodding off! Not cos the book's bad. :)

Read Bag of Bones by Stephen King for an hour or so, then something I don't normally read - a TV tie-in novel. Supernatural: Coyote's Kiss, quite enjoyable popcorn-lit actually.

i pounded out the last 200 pages of the last book of the game of thrones series (dance with dragons).

I thought it was a lot better than the 4th book (feast for crows), but it leaves a lot left unsaid.. hopefully he writes the 6th book faster than it took him to do the 5th, but I doubt it. going to have to wait a few years.

Started The Tenderness Of Wolves by Stef Penney this morning,a Christmas pressie from about 3 years ago,so had to blow the dust off! Like what I've read so far. While reading reviews on Goodreads found a couple of books listed in 'reader's who read this also read','The Law Of Dreams' by Peter Behrens & 'Galway Bay' by Mary Pat Kelly both fiction based around The Irish Potato Famine.

Back