• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your book activity today

Spent 5 hours at a digital publishing seminar, trying to explain why books don't automatically become free just because they're digital. Headache now.

Spent 5 hours at a digital publishing seminar, trying to explain why books don't automatically become free just because they're digital. Headache now.

I bet you do! :flowers:
(Too bad we don't have a hug smilie)

I finished Irish Girls About the Town this morning. Too bad it wasn't a larger collection of stories. Fun read.

I Finished up Vertical Run by Garber last night and started on The Black Echo. So far I am liking it and looking forward to reading some more of it this afternoon.

Got through with 60 pages of Eye of The Storm by Jack Higgins.Sean Dillion is a cool terrorist/Assassin btw.

I was going to read Storm Front today,but the library did not have it in.

You may want to read Thunderpoint (the 2nd book in the Dillon series). This was one of my favorite Higgins books. The Sean Dillon character is awseome.

I've read around 70 pages of The Iliad so far today. I rather hope that I could finish the book by tonight, but it probably won't happen.

Tackled 120 pages last night of Presidential Courage by Michael Beschloss. I would've continued, but it was rather late when I started. The book in question deals with presidents who have had to make tough decisions and how those decisions saved us a lot of trouble in the long run, though in the case of some, it ruined their chances for a second term, or in the least, caused them great heart ache.

I am now bogged down in the middle of at least four books, so I decided to try a fith one that we just got from the library, Tropical Heat by John A. Miller. It is supposedly reminiscent of Laurence Kasdan's Body Heat, which was a fabulous movie. So maybe I can get engrossed in this book and break my reading drought. /fingers crossed/ :sad:

If not, I can of course try Body Heat itself, to make six books in the wishful thinking pile.

Wishful thinking pile, huh? I guess that's what mine should be called too, hehe.

I've been reading about John Quincy Adams in Profiles in Courage and I started Phoenix of the Opera last night before going to bed.

Around 60-70 pages away from finishing Summer Knight,so something tells me I'll have to bring Death Masks with me tomorrow in case I finish it.

I started Patient Zero yesterday by Maberry. Loving it. A new, more sophisticated type of terrorist has developed a bio weapon which has an interesting effect on people. I have a feeling this book will go too quickly.

I woke up at 4 o'clock this morning and read about 30 pages of my book. I'm a little over halfway finished. I plan on finishing the rest within the next couple days.

Yesterday and today on Facebook, some friends I knew from elementary school and I have been talking about one of the third grade teachers, and I thought about some poems Mrs. D made us memorize. Found links for two, including this one. If you scroll down the page, you'll find A Legend of Lake Okefinokee by Laura Richards. It is part of a book some dear person scanned and posted for posterity. Good thing too; I've looked for this poem for ten years.

I donated a bunch of books to charity.

That is to say, I went over my entire collection of books fully intending to get rid of every book I was never going to want to read again, and ended up with about 15 I thought I could live without. Strangely enough, my bookshelves don't look any less full.

I donated a bunch of books to charity.

That is to say, I went over my entire collection of books fully intending to get rid of every book I was never going to want to read again, and ended up with about 15 I thought I could live without. Strangely enough, my bookshelves don't look any less full.

Baby Steps. Congrats on your 15 book cull. Gotta start somewhere.:flowers:

I bought a Kindle in an attempt to control my book shelves and swore ebooks only for a good while. Then bought a paperback the next day. And then another...

Haven't found much time to read Without Fail by Lee Child but so far I'm 50 pages into it and I've had for a week now.

Read the last 100 pages of Atonement. I also read the first half of All Quiet On the Western Front (that book is a FAST read!).

I'm ploughing through Susan Hill's 'The Small Hand' a beautifully written ghost story. It's quite short so I should be finished soon...

Back