• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

your favorite booze?

saliotthomas

With moderation!

I start this because i really miss the olb Bulmers-cider from Ireland,my wife county-it's the best drink on hot summer night!
there is cider in France but it's too fruty for me,nice wife pancake but not as good.
Wine of course,the best i can't certainly afford but nice table wine from the loire valley,Vaqueyras,cote du rhone...
I love retsina,the white wine from Greece,with this particular taste.
Grappa from Italie,a digestif
And most of all tha Mare that my grand mother distilled,just few bottle left...miss you nany:(

Some - who I would call pretentious, marketing victims or alcoholics - would call me unsophisticated or just plain common but my favourite booze is pomagne often called perry.

Tesco's own brand is excellent and costs under £1 for a large bottle. Asda's (Wallmart for you yanks) is not as good although it is a little cheaper. Lambrino is lovely but you pay for the 'name' so it's pricey at around £1.50.

It's much better than cider or champagne. Long live the pear!:D

I got a taste for Guinness last year, and I've been pretty much drinking that ever since. Before that it was cider for the most part. Before that beer.

it's this - :)

Pomagne
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Pomagne print advertisement, 1918.Pomagne is a brand of cider produced by Bulmers in the United Kingdom. It was first marketed in 1906 under the name "Cider De Luxe." In 1916, it was renamed Pomagne.

It was originally produced by the méthode champenoise using only the juice from the first pressing.

Bulmers marketed Pomagne as "champagne cider" until Bollinger took them to court over the use of the term "champagne" in 1974. Bulmers won the case, but stopped using the méthode champenoise in 1975 and changed to making Pomagne by bulk fermentation in a 6,000 gallon tank.

[edit] Sources
Bulmers - How It All Began (Historic Herefordshire Online, Herefordshire Council)

Thanks for the info ,i knew it had a different name in the state.
The factory is on my mother-in-law road Clowmel-county Tipperary.I love the stuff

With moderation!

I start this because i really miss the olb Bulmers-cider from Ireland,my wife county-it's the best drink on hot summer night!
there is cider in France but it's too fruty for me,nice wife pancake but not as good.
Wine of course,the best i can't certainly afford but nice table wine from the loire valley,Vaqueyras,cote du rhone...
I love retsina,the white wine from Greece,with this particular taste.
Grappa from Italie,a digestif
And most of all tha Mare that my grand mother distilled,just few bottle left...miss you nany:(

It is a bit pretensious, but my favourite is brandy and champagne. But my wallet doesn't often strecth to that so I normally stick to Normandie cider (fruity and fizzy).

A Belgian Style Tripple Ale, called Final Absolution brewed by Dragonmead. OHHHHHHHH Heaven...

My favorite beer that is around everywhere and I don't have to drive miles to find it is Killian's Irish Red. The new bottles are gorgeous! :cool:

I like beer a lot and probably favor ale slightly over lager. Too many to narrow down. As for liquor I like bourbon, some tequila, most single malts (although they are prohibitively expensive) and some Canadian, Irish and American blends. Now that I think about it I guess that puts me squarely in the whiskey fan club.

Back