• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your Name, Gender & Age...

This again :eek:

I like to keep an open mind when it comes to books. I'll read books by the likes of Dickens, Elliot, Hardy etc. but also enjoy a relaxing read of Harry Potter and The Di Vinci Code. If you enjoy it, who cares?

Stewart said:
It would seem they wait to get to my age and above before they read books intended for those younger than you.

Yes very much so. Sometimes even then they don't bother. It's sad there are so many wonderful books out there that they could enjoy and they choose not to read them. :( I know if they just even read one book that they really loved they would want to read more. That's how I got hooked.

I guess it's a bit like when you are young Stewie, you're embarrassed to be seen with your parents. As you grow up, it's not really all that embarrassing to enjoy younger, quality literature. I suppose you just get to the stage where you don't really give a damn what other people think. ;)

Poppy1 said:
I suppose you just get to the stage where you don't really give a damn what other people think. ;)

I seem to already be at that stage. :p I get made fun of tons at school because I read and because I'll usually know the answer to all the questions the teachers ask. Also I just get so into the class that the teacher will be saying something and I'll finish their sentence for them. It's a bad habit. I don't care that people make fun of me though. I look at it as I'd rather be made fun of for things that I am proud of rather than something I'm ashamed of.

kirsty said:
also enjoy a relaxing read of Harry Potter and The Da Vinci Code

So that's the title of book number 7! Well, it'll certainly sell...

Anyway back to the topic in hand. I can't believe the oldest declared age here is 39. Come on middle-agers, reclaim the thread and state your dates!

I'm 33.

(Ds, I too was amazed to see that muggle is male. Not sure why...)

Shade said:
( I too was amazed to see that muggle is male. Not sure why...)

There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that Muggle is male :confused: Don't you guys read peoples' profiles? :rolleyes:

Shade said:
So that's the title of book number 7! Well, it'll certainly sell...

Anyway back to the topic in hand. I can't believe the oldest declared age here is 39. Come on middle-agers, reclaim the thread and state your dates!

I'm 33.

(Ds, I too was amazed to see that muggle is male. Not sure why...)

Shade, you youngster you! Look back on page one of this thread...yours truly posted her age for the whole world to see. I'm a girl of 45;)

Stewart said:
Only the girls to see if they have pretty pictures in the top right.;)

Yeah, we all know you.:D How do you know if they're girls or not if you don't check? You might be missing out on some hot babe, through sheer laziness. ;)

abecedarian said:
Shade, you youngster you! Look back on page one of this thread...yours truly posted her age for the whole world to see. I'm a girl of 45;)
Oh! You youngster you!
I've got almost 11 on ya!:eek: :D :cool: :p

I'm kind of late for this but here's my information. I know lots of people are waiting for this :p :
Name: Samer
Sex: Male

I'll be waiting for your Private Messages ;)

I'm not sure if I have already dropped my details here, but just in case.....

Shane
male
Australia

So who has a picture of themselves in their profile? I'm in a nosy mood. My name's Kirsty :confused: I'm 20. This is weird.

kirsty said:
So who has a picture of themselves in their profile? I'm in a nosy mood. My name's Kirsty :confused: I'm 20. This is weird.

I used to have a picture of myself in my profile.....instead you can see me at my website

Back