• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your Pets

I notice there are a few cat owners here.
Well I've got a bit of a dilemma here. I used to quite like cats but my neighbour, whom we don't really have that much to do with except a quick wave if we see each other in the drive, has got two. My question is, do cat lovers, like I think the majority of dog owners do, care about where thier cats do what cats do in holes in the ground ( and not always in holes)?
I've got a three year old and a six year old, children that is, not cats and I think the amount of crap I have to clean up is a bit of a health hazard for them. I really don't want to fall out with my neighbours but it's heading that way.
Any suggestions from all you cat owners or is it a case of out of sight out of mind, or of "at least it's not in my back yard"? :mad:

RainbowGurl said:
Dog - Sally
Hamster - Terry
Rat - Doyal
Fish - All called Bob.

you named all of your fish bob? how many fish do you have.. and doesn't it get confusing? unless there's bob I.. bob II.. bob III...

My wife and I have a dog named Molson (already discussed in my "I am new to the board" thread). But thought I would mention it here again. He is the dog on my avatar. And he is a Golden Retriever.

Just a quick question: Is a hamster similar to a guinea pig? We don't have hamsters in NZ, but they look kind of the same.

We have Daisy, the lovely,but air-headed mutt, and 4 cats: Goliath, Sploosh, and two unamed, nearly grown kittens. I've been trying to think of good names for the babies. They're both solid grey, one light, and the other very dark. The lighter one is easily spooked and won't come too close, while the darker baby is much more friendly and cuddly.

MonkeyCatcher said:
Just a quick question: Is a hamster similar to a guinea pig? We don't have hamsters in NZ, but they look kind of the same.

A hamster is much smaller than a guinea pig, and they have fur where I would say that a guinea pig´s fur is more like hair. I have had both when I was a child and its was much easier to hold and stroke a guinea pig than the little hamster.

3 rats: Henry (an American Hooded - white and flecked brown), Potatoes (black with a white lightening bolt on his belly and white socks) and Mambo (butterscotch/cream).

Henry looks like a Henry and Potatoes was named by my partner who was listening to a lot of Stompin' Tom Conners. The latter is NOT named after 'Mambo Number 5' but after the fact that he sways his head from side-to-side. His eyes are slightly red pigmented (not bright red like an albino, though), which means his vision is impared a little, so he sways his head to improve his depth perception using parallax.

We have a dog - Alice, a cat - Shadow, a guinea pig... ooops - cannot remember, it's my daughter's beast really...
I like cats very much, so I think from about 20 up to now at least one cat is near me. My previous cat Salvador (he's on the photo) left us last January. I hope there are enough wolves in our forest for him to eat, as he has been a very tough guy...

i have pets

Do you have any? i have pets, i have had pets all my life lol

If so what are they like? i have 3big cats and 3small kitterens (they have all been done and there is no smell from them before ppl ask lol)

How long have you had them and do you like any kind of pet over another? i had my big cats for 9yrs and my kitterens for just on 1yr and a half, i dnt choose between pets. my sister has a border collie :)

kyliecolltay said:
Do you have any? i have pets, i have had pets all my life lol

If so what are they like? i have 3big cats and 3small kitterens (they have all been done and there is no smell from them before ppl ask lol)

How long have you had them and do you like any kind of pet over another? i had my big cats for 9yrs and my kitterens for just on 1yr and a half, i dnt choose between pets. my sister has a border collie :)

I love border collies-they are so smart its spooky..and they usually have such friendly manners.

Here's my Kylie when she's about to sleep:
280173734_m.jpg

Here's Kylie when she is sleeping:
280173524_m.jpg

In case they don't show up later:
http://photos3.blogger.com/blogger/7219/1081/320/Kylie 2003.jpg
http://photos3.blogger.com/blogger/7219/1081/320/Kylie 10-31-03.jpg

Nah just looks like an extremely secure and relaxed kitty. Although if one were to put on thick gloves, I'm sure the kitty could be used for a dustmop in a pinch! Maybe not.

I have three of my own cats and one foster cat. I work at Cats Protection so I often have cats to "visit" for a few days until space is found at the cattery.

My own cats are Penny who is 16 now. I've had her for 14 years now. She's black and white and very fluffy. Before I got her she had been burnt along the back and stabbed in the back too.

Pandora is about 16 too and is a brindle tortie. Like most torties she's very cantankerous and is the boss of us all! Her previous owner had a stroke so had to give her up.

Jack is 7 and is all black. He was thrown 13 floors in a rubbish sack. The alcoholic owner wasn't even banned when he went to court from keeping animals in the future. Jack is very laid-back and chilled now.

Elsie is 20 and is my foster cat. She had lived in a back garden all her life and is now very frail and ill. She is with me for the last few months of her life. She's amazingly happy and well despite having kidney problems and being hyperthyroid and diabetic. She's very sweet and is tabby and white.

So thats my "brood".... Until the next arrival I guess! :)

I like visiting people who have a couple of cats. They are often fun to watch. Wouldn't own one, though.

My daughter has a 3lb chihuahua that thinks it is a german shephard.

My wife wants a great dane. That would be cool.

Back