• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

your top ten tv shows

Buddy Knox

for those of you that do watch tv, what are your favorite shows?

(in no particular order, my list)

1. Seinfeld
2. Family Guy
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. Chapelle Show
5. Three's Company
6. Roseanne
7. Cosby Show
8. Simpsons
9. The Wonder Years
10. A Different World

honorable mention Beverly Hills 90210... yeah i'm man enough to say it :eek:

if someone mentions MASH hopefully they will be banned from the site... lol. god that theme song is depressing.

From when I watched:

In no particular order:

1. Star Trek TNG
2. Classic Trek
3. Barney Miller
4. The Cosby Show
5. Mama's Family
6. America's Funniest Videos
7. COPS
8. Are You Being Served?

...had to stop at 8, couldn't come up with anymore...

Did you mean all time? Because that's what I listed.

VTChEwbecca said:
From when I watched:

In no particular order:

1. Star Trek TNG
2. Classic Trek
3. Barney Miller
4. The Cosby Show
5. Mama's Family
6. America's Funniest Videos
7. COPS
8. Are You Being Served?

...had to stop at 8, couldn't come up with anymore...

Did you mean all time? Because that's what I listed.
yep...

by the way, Are You Being Served was hillarious... i also enjoyed Keeping Up Appearances.

Let's see...

1. American Idol (Yay! John is finally gone!)
2. Trading Spaces
3. What Not To Wear (and anything else on TLC; I love that channel!)
4. The O.C., but not because it's good. I think the actors suck and I enjoy watching them struggle
5. Punk'd
6. Movie channels. Especially the Love channel (yes, I am a Hopeless Romantic in every sense of the phrase)
7. Ellen Degeneres(?)' Talk show. So funny.
8. Made (MTV)
9. Newlyweds can be very entertaining. I don't understand how ANYONE can be that stupid.
10. True Hollywood Story or Revealed or whatever. Those Biography shows. Celebs have pathetic lives. I am a cruel person.

I don't actually watch that much TV, so I'm not much for TV shows (Except American Idol(and that William Hung thing is getting way out of hand)). I know a lot of you aren't American, and I commend you on that, so sorry if you don't know some of these shows!

I can hardly stand to sit in front of the TV anymore. I feel like I'm wasting precious time. But when I do watch...

1. Simpsons
2. King of the Hill
3. Local News
4. World News

And in no particular order...
Mr. Bean, Are You Being Served? (I have a boxed set), Keeping Up Appearances, Waiting for God (Hilarious!), Chapelle Show (If I happen to catch it).

I won't watch...
"Reality" shows (Except for Joe Schmo Show), Friends, Home Improvement, Numerous shows on Food TV (But some are acceptable).

Buddy Knox said:
if someone mentions MASH hopefully they will be banned from the site... lol. god that theme song is depressing.

Guess I'll be keeping my list to myself then. :cool:

RaVeN

Ok, in no particular order...

1) Charmed. (Not the old ones about emotions and crap. The ones since Cole showed up and it turned into an action comedy.)
2) Scrubs.
3) Futurama.
4)The Dead Zone.
5) Family Guy.
6) The Good Life. :D

Hmm...struggling now. Must. Find. More. Shows. Ummm.

7) Dune/Children of Dune. (Ok, it's a miniseries, but I'm running on empty here.)
8) COLUMBO!! Can't believe I nearly forgot Columbo. :eek:

Insert long gap here as I stare into space and think about telly for a bit.

9) We'll bung in The Simpsons, even though it's well past its prime.
10) One more...Open All Hours.

Woohoo!

Yay for TV!! In no particular order -

1. Simpsons
2. Ye Olde X-Files, you know, before it got crap (say Season 1 then :p)
3. Match of the Day ;)
4. Buffy (sad, i know)
5. Star Gate: SG-1
6. Black Adder
7. CSI (and CSI: Miami, i'll have both here because they're practically identical)
8. Red Dwarf
9. Spaced
10. Time Team (OOOH AARRR TONY, LOOK AT THIS BIT A' PAAAHHHT)

I watched every series of Star Trek religiously before deciding they were ALL crap, and so i never bothered much with Enterprise, as it got slated even more than Voyager (which is the lowest of the low).

Phil :)

1. Monty Python's Flying Circus
  2. Fawlty Towers
  3. The Office
  4. Blackadder
  5. Family Guy
  6. Frasier
  7. Father Ted
  8. Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights
  9. Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
  10. Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Time Team? Egads! 'Look over here Tony, we found an intricate system of trenches.' That's all they ever manage. Nothing to do with the fact that they all really like digging trenches. :rolleyes:

Maybe one day they'll dig up an Elizabethan pottery turnip in the shape of a thingy. The only trench digging that was ever worth watching was when they dug all the corpses out of Sutton Hoo. And that was nothing to do with Tony, so ner. :p

buddy knox, you have great taste in humor. seinfeld, family guy and curb your enthusiasm are my three favorite tv shows of all time. I can't wait 'til the fourth season of family guy comes on.

In no order:

• Coupling
  • Big Train
  • Family Guy
  • Futurama
  • The Simpsons
  • Blackadder II, Blackadder the Third, and Blackadder Goes Forth
  • Miscellaneous sport
  • Louis Theroux
  • Married with Children
  • Miscellaneous documentaries

bobbyburns said:
buddy knox, you have great taste in humor. seinfeld, family guy and curb your enthusiasm are my three favorite tv shows of all time. I can't wait 'til the fourth season of family guy comes on.
hell yeah man, those are my favorite of all time as well. i've i was excited to hear that a fourth season & a motion picture of Family Guy is on the way. i love both of my dvd sets & can't wait for the new stuff....

everybody loves Seinfeld, but a lot of people are sleeping on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is funny as hell, the situations are crazy, and i'd love to nail his wife on the show. lol.

It's just that I don't find the guy or the show funny whatsoever. There's no shame in that.

I find a difference between British comedies and American comedies. While the audiences of British comedies are likely to laugh at jokes, wordplay, sarcasm, and basically putting folk down, American comedies seem to get their laughs from actions and observations. While actions can be funny (Some Mothers Do Have 'Em) the observations are simply not. Seinfeld to me, for example, seems to spend a whole show going why do you suppose we call these big green and brown things trees? to which there erupts laughter. I've never met anyone who likes him except people online. America produces so many shows that I'm happy we don't get them all - the quality must be terrible when the 90th comedy about a family in a house appears with the slight twist (i.e. parents have different careers).

I'm also a young misery guts. :D

Back