• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are you happy with this forum?

Nope. And Thanksgiving is coming all too soon. Guess who is now looking to feed as many as 18 this year?:banghead6mx:

I think your mistake is letting them back in after they are out,LOL
Good Luck,I am sure it will be fun and koodos for your patience.:lol:

I love this forum.

My reading has diversified as a result of this place and my TBR has mutated rather hideously (but in a good way)!

My posting has been limited and I promise to up my game!

What would I like to see changed? Currently nothing but with increased posting habits, maybe I will find things that could be changed...

I like this forum and I visit it regularly.

I don't post that much for 2 main reasons:
1. don't have time
2. don't know to write

But I found so much interesting posts here. I'm really grateful to all of you for your contributions.
Maybe this uncertain economic situation influences peoples' reading habits. It's hard to find free time when you are stressed out with existential problems.

Long live "Book And Reader" forum!

One thing I've noticed is that threads get pruned due to age. From my experience on message boards, every thread should be accessible and not deleted (unless it contained something bad of course). It gives members access to the history of the board. Deleting them erases your own history as a community.

One thing I've noticed is that threads get pruned due to age. From my experience on message boards, every thread should be accessible and not deleted (unless it contained something bad of course). It gives members access to the history of the board. Deleting them erases your own history as a community.

Actually, it's all there. The default thread view setting is to show all threads within the last month. You can change that by scrolling down to the bottom of a section and changing that option.
BAR.PNG

Lately, I have been wavering between this forum and another one that is more active. Now that I am employed :D I believe this one will be the winner, as I won't have as much time to spend on forums.

You must be joking?
No i can't belive it.
3 to 10 post a day is max after one can't follow.
Including the Famous introduction thread to guys never seen again,one of the most properous around here.
:lol:

Well, yes, the introduction thread is quite active here ;)

Honestly, though, the other forum I have been going to is mostly active because there is constant casual chat on topics that are not even related to books. While there is nothing wrong with that, I prefer to use my free time for reading and/or discussion of books that might be of interest to me. For that, this seems the better forum.

Actually, it's all there. The default thread view setting is to show all threads within the last month. You can change that by scrolling down to the bottom of a section and changing that option.

Ah ok. I didn't know about that. Well, in that case, I think the default shouldn't be for just one month. That's a confusing feature that most people aren't going to notice. Unless you've been a member here for years and can remember most of the threads, why wouldn't you want them all to be viewable at all times? Why would anyone only want to see just the ones from the past month?

That is a damn fine suggestion. I agree that for this forum a month is too short. I think the default should be at least 6 months.

Back