• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Banned

barryboek

Hello , my name is Barry[boek] , I am dutch , but since I read almost exclusively english speaking authors [in the original language] I started looking for a [dutch] site to exchange information about favorite writers . To my total surprise this forum [the largest in holland and belgium ezzulia] turned out to be a knitting club , organised like russia during Stalin .However since writing and using humor is twenty times more difficult in english , I persevered , to the extent that after 3 days I was banned from this group . The biggest problem turned out to be disturbing the ,,cosy,, nature of this forum and continually bothering them about books . Maybe also because they became very angry -this started the whole problem-when I said I disliked Dan Brown so intensely it gave me great pleasure to rip the only book I read by him to pieces . Hope humour and criticism are allowed here .

Thanks , nice to hear a friendly ,,voice,, after all the virtual disapproval I have suffered the last few days . Became a bit apprehensive when I noticed the number of postings about Dan Brown . Will the banning proces be repeated on this site ? To my relief I discovered not all of the postings were favorable and neither was there talk about tar or feathers . By the way my name is Barry and boek means book in dutch , very impressed .....learning dutch , please do not use it to visit the mentioned dutch booksite , you would be sorely disappointed .

Dan Brown is our god,but Welcome anyway.

We don't ban people,we use cattle prod,bamboo under the fingernails and flowers.

And there is no warning.

So guys here wish they were banned long ago....

Thanks , I will try to keep my head down and not rock the boat too much . Would hate to be banned here , read a bit of the thread about hard boiled detectives , great stuff , finding this kind of info on the dutch site I mentioned , was as much fun as having your wisdom teeth extracted .

Anger in a knitting club??????

Welcome to the forum, barryboek, and don't mind saliotthomas. We rarely let him carry out his promises of cattle prods & bamboo shoots.

Anger in a knitting club??????

Welcome to the forum, barryboek, and don't mind saliotthomas. We rarely let him carry out his promises of cattle prods & bamboo shoots.

Obviously, you've never encountered the acrylic/natural fibre debate...lucky you:lol:

Welcome to our humble abode Barryboek! Pay no attention to SalioThomas; Dan Brown is NOT god..we all secretly wish we could write like Norah Roberts instead:whistling:

Thanks , I will try to keep my head down and not rock the boat too much . Would hate to be banned here , read a bit of the thread about hard boiled detectives , great stuff , finding this kind of info on the dutch site I mentioned , was as much fun as having your wisdom teeth extracted .

Barry - aside from the angry knitters... we do have some critical discussions of writers here. All we really ask is that you post in a courteous way and don't try to sell anything here. To avoid being banned:

Read and follow the rules
Send the site moderators chocolate and other favors :whistling:

Welcome to the board.

Oh my God , thank you all so much , people interested in books , prepared to discuss , even to disagree without violence [except of course saliotthomas!]The last three days really were traumatic , never been kicked out of anything . At the end I almost believed you needed to be a toothless crone with a knitting needle , refusing to talk about books [defending cosiness],to have a right to an opinion on anything . Must admit I refused to toe the party line , but I am proud to say I managed to get kicked out without the use of strong language . Not really that hard when you realise even quoting the most famous dutch [litature] writers led to storms of righteous indignation .

Oh my God , thank you all so much , people interested in books , prepared to discuss , even to disagree without violence [except of course saliotthomas!]The last three days really were traumatic , never been kicked out of anything . At the end I almost believed you needed to be a toothless crone with a knitting needle , refusing to talk about books [defending cosiness],to have a right to an opinion on anything . Must admit I refused to toe the party line , but I am proud to say I managed to get kicked out without the use of strong language . Not really that hard when you realise even quoting the most famous dutch [litature] writers led to storms of righteous indignation .

Thomas just gave the warning....

and don't forget the chocolate Janet mentioned.:D

Yes Barry, we are a right jolly bunch.

Now, for your first test on the hot coals: "What is your opinion of Dan Brown? :whistling:

Please , please do not ask me this again . The memories.... , the trauma..... I will carry the scars till the day I die , knitting needles sparkling in the sun , stabbing , stabbing ...Please dont make me remember !

Thanks Occlith found the section crafts very amusing , no comparison to the witchhunting circle I was ejected from . Knitting was inaccessible to me [access not allowed]. Preventive measure ?

Back