• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Banned

Thanks Libra , I am not much of a ,,forumtiger,, or an advanced computeruser , took me about 2 hours to find an avatar I liked and to figure out how to get the bleeding picture to work on this site . So I am happy that the result is pleasing . I do not know , Janet , if I am ready to risk life and limb this soon after my earlier experience . Especially after having looked around on this wonderful site , I do not want to create the slightest chance that my big mouth gets me in trouble again . I discovered that I can be quite happy here just looking around , mountains of useful info .

Thanks Libra , I am not much of a ,,forumtiger,, or an advanced computeruser , took me about 2 hours to find an avatar I liked and to figure out how to get the bleeding picture to work on this site . So I am happy that the result is pleasing . I do not know , Janet , if I am ready to risk life and limb this soon after my earlier experience . Especially after having looked around on this wonderful site , I do not want to create the slightest chance that my big mouth gets me in trouble again . I discovered that I can be quite happy here just looking around , mountains of useful info .

But ,but... reliving and talking about traumatic situations can be very cathartic:D

Where in Holland are you at?

I do agree about the cathartic bit [my oh my , lot of difficult words used on this forum , once used the word conformist on the dutch site and was accused of arrogance , lack of empathy and one ,,reader,, complained he had to use a dictionary ] So you can understand why I started to feel like a Tasmanian devil , ready to throw a tantrum [see the avatar]. Must admit it crossed my mind to write a synopsis of my experiences , but I fear nobody here would believe me ,even I dont believe it . Pity no one here can read dutch , to my surprise I learned they only deleted my last message !
As far as my whereabouts are concerned , you will understand I can go no further than to state that I am staying in an undisclosed location in the green heart of Holland

Do you know, if you hadn't said that it was a Dutch forum, I might have thought that I had seen the same one! There is something about forums... in the wrong hands they end up being a really nasty place to be.

I'm new here too, and haven't yet disclosed my views on Dan Brown. I am however, very anti-knitting. ;-)

... in the wrong hands they end up being a really nasty place to be.
Welcome Nellllliieeeee.(sheep voice)
Ahhh the soft illusion of a newby.
Just wait and see,it is after you settle in that they show their real faces.

Actualy the Dan brown crusade is something of the past.Paolo Cuelho on the other hand .....

.... and one ,,reader,, complained he had to use a dictionary ....

Hmmm. It's understandable that he would be reluctant to use a dictionary after all, literacy might lead to something much more dangerous.

Reasons to eschew dictionaries:

• can be heavy - risk of back injury (foot injury if dropped)
  • can be confusing - soooo many words
  • can lead to relationship breakdown - your friends may no longer understand what you have to say (big words)
  • can lead to social unrest - contains many verbs aka 'action words'
Yup - caution is warranted when using a dictionary. They should come with warning labels!

:whistling:

Forgive me [very meekly] one last silly question . How do I change my name from barryboek to banned , find this more informative and memorable ? Forum use and computer operation not my strongpoint . Understood how to change almost everything else , very annoying no idea how [ or do I have to start all over again ?]

Forgive me [very meekly] one last silly question . How do I change my name from barryboek to banned , find this more informative and memorable ? Forum use and computer operation not my strongpoint . Understood how to change almost everything else , very annoying no idea how [ or do I have to start all over again ?]

Begging and chocolate for me.
(Ask an administrator)

Thanks Libra , I think its probably better to leave well enough alone [ very strange expression ] , cheaper too , something that for a dutchman is not unimportant !

Thanks Libra , I think its probably better to leave well enough alone [ very strange expression ] , cheaper too , something that for a dutchman is not unimportant !

All talk and no action.Put up or let's talk about books.lol
Btw,Holland is pretty big,I have been there that is why I asked where at and I don't undertand the Dutchman/cheap comment?

Just for future reference, do you prefer begging on hands and knees, or the full, led flat, face down on the floor?

Also, dark, milk or white chocolate?

I am easy to please,any two of those will do,and the chocolate also.:lol:

Libra here my answers :

1-Going dutch [sharing costs] , belgian joke:How was copperwire invented ? Two dutchman fighting over a penny , of course we dont agree , we are careful with money and belgians are no rocket scientists .
2-Holland big ?? Put it on the map of Canada and you have trouble finding it again .
3-I still have problems with simple forum activities , for instance at the moment not able to quote [Will figure this out , just need some time ]
4-No idea how to get the attention of an administrator and afraid this name change will involve more nasty complicated computer acrobatics . If begging and chocolates are the only requirements , I am already on my virtual knees ready to waste virtual money onvirtual belgian bonbons !

Thanks , I will try to keep my head down and not rock the boat too much . Would hate to be banned here , read a bit of the thread about hard boiled detectives , great stuff , finding this kind of info on the dutch site I mentioned , was as much fun as having your wisdom teeth extracted .

ROCK the Boat!! This keeps everyone on their toes!

Sarah

ROCK the Boat!! This keeps everyone on their toes!

Sarah
Please tell me you are joking , my intention was just to stay here for a while , as friendly as I can be , soaking up information , not stirring up anybody . Have heard enough people complaining about sore toes and hurting shins to last me the rest of the year . Great ,tested out the quoting gimmick , seems to be working . Still got to discover how to highlight something in the quoted text , patience I will get there in the end .

Please tell me you are joking , my intention was just to stay here for a while , as friendly as I can be , soaking up information , not stirring up anybody .
Not a bad strategy at all. :flowers:
Have heard enough people complaining about sore toes and hurting shins to last me the rest of the year .
Certainly not here. :innocent:

Be a veritable James Bond -- unshaken, unstirred.

Back