• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Besides Reading what other hobbies do you have????

I hope you have plenty of water for your canoe trip. We once did an overnight trip on the Brazos River in Texas and had to carry the canoe several times due to shallow water. All in all it was a great trip with lots of good memories.

I've been doing a lot of hiking since moving to AZ. I used to do a lot of needlework and gardening which I hope to get back to someday.

I play chess just to get back to even. The high left me a long time ago.

I keep asking my son to teach me but nada.

I craft,crosswords,love music,tile design on plywood,I will delve into anything ,now if I could grow a gourd bigger then the size of an apple .....

What's a gourd?

All I do is reading and make grammar exercises for class these days. I don't mind the reading. :)

Interesting thread. I wonder why I have never seen it before? hmmm :blink:

My main hobbies, besides reading, are martial arts (judo and jujitsu) and photography. Then, I have seasonal hobbies - hiking and riding my dirtbike in the good weather, snowboarding and snowshoeing in the snowy time of year. :)

Getting on forums (about 10 of them), playing my 3 instruments when I have time, and training my dog.

Great Thread! I collect "cheap" and I mean "cheap" art---mostly pictures since a "cat from Hades" lives here negating anything that sits on a table.
I refuse to pay more than five dollars. My problem is that having collected so many pictures and attached them to the walls, I figure another 10 "masterpieces" will bring my house down upon me. Dry wall with a thousand holes is not the strongest material!! :)

Great Thread! I collect "cheap" and I mean "cheap" art---mostly pictures since a "cat from Hades" lives here negating anything that sits on a table.
I refuse to pay more than five dollars. My problem is that having collected so many pictures and attached them to the walls, I figure another 10 "masterpieces" will bring my house down upon me. Dry wall with a thousand holes is not the strongest material!! :)

Original art?

in answer to Sparkchaser re my art gallery :) :
Yes some of my works are original, some are prints, some are original pages from antique periodicals. I find them at garage sales, thrift shops, and Aunt Sally's(Salvation Army). Goodwill Industry has an online auction site that has great pieces sometimes but they are above my Scrooge budget and the delivery rates are huge. Anyone who has any extra yen, rubles, dinars or dollars might take a peek--never know what you will find.:cool: On a rare occasion I may dig out a few extra cents for a picture but it really has to be "over the top" as I do have to eat also!!

Back