• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Breakfast

What are the components of a "full" english breakfast?

I'm partial to eggs and bacon prepared various ways. Eggs are so versatile it's easy to keep it interesting. And you can mix up the bacon a little too. Back bacon, regular bacon, maple flavoured bacon...some homefries once in a while doesn't hurt. What I usually eat for the first meal of the day consists of a diet cola and a serving of yogurt. I can't eat too soon after getting up so by the time I'm ready to eat it's lunchtime or later.

Full English breakfast? It changes all the time. Depends on who makes it or where you buy it.

Normally it goes something like: Sausages, fried eggs, fried bread, mushrooms, bacon, black pudding, tomatoes ( or beans), bubble and squeek.

A breakfast for the health conscious, obviously.

awww.lythhillhouse.com_graphics_breakfast.jpg

1- dont eat breakfast

2- weekend my faves are either croissants, full english, or waffles with something very sweet on them.

Well, it is entirely up to the chef really ... some common items -

Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Tomatoes, Black Pudding, Baked Beans, Fried Bread, Mushrooms, Kidneys, and some sort of Potatoes/Hash Browns.

Phil :)

Wabbit said:
Full English breakfast? It changes all the time. Depends on who makes it or where you buy it.

Normally it goes something like: Sausages, fried eggs, fried bread, mushrooms, bacon, black pudding, tomatoes ( or beans), bubble and squeek.

A breakfast for the health conscious, obviously.

( PIC COMING UP! )

1- dont eat breakfast

2- weekend my faves are either croissants, full english, or waffles with something very sweet on them.

What is bubble and squeek?

1. Either a bowl of cereal and yogurt, or an english muffin, yogurt and an apple.

2. Pancakes, nough said.

Oh, not sure what I think of that but not quite as scary as the black/blood pudding.

Yes, it's made of blood but its not as bad as it sounds. honest!

It dosent taste like blood. If you think about it a rare steak probably has even more blood in it. It just tastes like a spicy sausage :)

Yes, fried till it's crispy!

So fried bread, fried eggs, fried bacon, fried sausage, fried black pudding, fried mushrooms, fried tomatos... very healthy :D

Motokid said:
Do you put anything on the fried bread? Butter, jam, jelly, honey....

No, normally a lot of people like to put their fried eggs on the bread so the yolk goes into it!

Ronny said:
Is it battered, like french toast?

No, you just take a slice of bread and you fry it until it turns really crispy. Very nice especially when eaten with the other things on your plate but its not advisable to eat too much unless you want to be on a fast track to cardiac arrest :D

so...are you to drop the slice of bread into frying pan with just a touch of butter...or is this a deep frying type thing in oil.....?????

american's, we're so stupid.....

Oh, it sounds a tad bit like what my Mom calls hole toast, she uses a cup to cut out a hole in the bread and cracks an egg there, fries it all like that. It's pretty good.

Motokid said:
so...are you to drop the slice of bread into frying pan with just a touch of butter...or is this a deep frying type thing in oil.....?????

american's, we're so stupid.....

you put plenty of oil in a pan so the bottom is covered then you drop the bread in there when it's good and hot and fry it till crispy! :)

Back