• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Clive Cussler

Poor Clive....... :( I would probably file a lawsuit myself. Just read the brief introduction and the first two chapters(or more appropriately-sections?) of the book. I do very much enjoy his use of history in the book so far.

The movie was cute in my opinion. Definitely not up to par with a Cussler novel, but for a movie it wasn't too bad. Sure, the plot was thin and it was trying way too hard to be the Indiana Jones of the aea. The characters in the movie didn't match the personalities in the book either, but if you can put that aside, it isn't that bad....

Shade said:
No I really do want to hear more - Cussler is suing the film makers?

Sorry, Shade, I thought you were just giving me a hard time about the typo (in fun). I trust Stewarts links answered your questions.

Just sat down to watch a rented DVD and saw a preview for Sahara. Turns out they have quite the snazzy website. Eventhough it's a flop, I'll rent it when it comes out. A film with Penelope Cruz can't be too bad to watch. :p :p

Watched it in Jakarta, yep a crap movie. Just trying to remeber the memorable bits.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? Nope, nothing there, :D

Carlos said:
Watched it in Jakarta, yep a crap movie. Just trying to remeber the memorable bits.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? Nope, nothing there, :D

Oh come on, you certainly purchased a Sahara hat and made the wallpaper your background on your computer....right? ;)

O.k., I'm reading Valhalla Rising as I've previously mentioned and I'm to the part where he and his buds are left to die in the deep-sea submersible as the observation boat is hijacked. He is then picked up by a passing boat captained by......Clive Cussler. :eek: I have yet to read of any author who interjects themselves into their own plots, but I just can't think this is just....downright arrogant. I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong. After all, some directors also play roles in their movies(i.e.-Quinten Tarrantino in Pulp Fiction) Does this annoy anyone else or is this just a peeve of mine that I should just get over? :confused:

SFG75 said:
I have yet to read of any author who interjects themselves into their own plots, but I just can't think this is just....downright arrogant. Does this annoy anyone else or is this just a peeve of mine that I should just get over?

Just a peeve of yours that you should etc. Martin Amis is a character in his own novel Money ("There's a writer lives around my way ... His face is cramped and incredulous. This writer's name, they tell me, is Martin Amis. Do you know his stuff at all? Is it my kind of thing?") and Bret Easton Ellis is the main character in his new novel Lunar Park. I'm sure there are plenty of others but I can't think of any offhand. Cussler has gone up very slightly in my estimation as a result of hearing this.

C'mon people, use the
:mad:SPOILER:mad:
feature! I'm trying to read the series slowly so I can savour them. Don't spoil them for me!! :mad:

SFG75 said:
O.k., I'm reading Valhalla Rising as I've previously mentioned and I'm to the part where he and his buds are left to die in the deep-sea submersible as the observation boat is hijacked. He is then picked up by a passing boat captained by......Clive Cussler. :eek: I have yet to read of any author who interjects themselves into their own plots, but I just can't think this is just....downright arrogant. I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong. After all, some directors also play roles in their movies(i.e.-Quinten Tarrantino in Pulp Fiction) Does this annoy anyone else or is this just a peeve of mine that I should just get over? :confused:

If you going to read Cussler, then you better get used to it.

Robert said:
If you going to read Cussler, then you better get used to it.

LOL-Irregardless of that irritating feature of the book, it is still, a good read so far. :)

SFG75 said:
LOL-Irregardless of that irritating feature of the book, it is still, a good read so far. :)

It's a fun read to the end.

I'm almost half way through Pacific Vortex, and it's very good so far.

the earlier books are much better. The later ones follow the same old formula. Cussler should try and put at least some variation in the books I reckon.

eg: Al gets the girl instead of Dirk!!! :eek: But then Cusslers alter ego would not be quite the perfect person after all :D

Back