• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Current Non-Fiction reads

Geology and Paleontology? COOL!
I am an avid amateur fossil collector and I am always on the lookout for new reference books. :D

Nice :) ! I am not sure if these books have been translated in English, may the last one. Although it's great to help you from France :lol:

I am not reading any books, fiction or non-fiction now because of health issues. I have more or less given up my book review activity. If I read something now, it would be short, sweet and useful at that moment.

I am not reading any books, fiction or non-fiction now because of health issues. I have more or less given up my book review activity. If I read something now, it would be short, sweet and useful at that moment.

Sorry you're having health issues. Hope your reading slump is a short one!

Thanks. However, it has been more than an year that I could read any book and complete it. The physical health issues improved but the lack of focus has not. So, I am not sure.

Regards

Swamy

Nice :) ! I am not sure if these books have been translated in English, may the last one. Although it's great to help you from France :lol:

It's not so much the text but the images and locale information.

Last year I picked up a two volume set on the trilobites of the Prague Museum that is written in Czech. I picked it up for the plates and locale information.

Last year I picked up a two volume set on the trilobites of the Prague Museum that is written in Czech. I picked it up for the plates and locale information.

Maybe a fantastic occasion for learning a new language, either Czech or French !! :lol:
But these books have not a lot information about sites of fossils... Actually, there are technical matters ... Don't squander your money.. It would be better a guide ... I have got an idea . I'm going to create a new thread, Life in fossil. I am curious about your fossils collection ...

Sorry, no plans to learn either. Wait, that's not true. I want to be able to pronounce the words and a few pleasantries. That will be good enough. I think my next language will be Russian. I think.

Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family-Steve and Annette Economides

So far, I caught a good strategy for shopping at Walmart with other stores' sale ads. Use two carts, one for regular items and one for the ones you want to price match. I wondered how to keep it all straight if I had more than a few items.
Also, they reinforce my need for a freezer...Mr. Abc is reluctantly convinced, and it's on "the list", but the funds aren't there yet and he won't settle for a used freezer.
Lots of good common sense ideas here, and I appreciate the way they don't push couponing down the reader's throat.

Between my fiction reads I am currently reading the Penguin Dictionary of English Grammar. Got to try and stay sharp, and keep those infinitives from splitting.

Actually, it has a quite interesting definition of split infinitives...

the Penguin Dictionary of English Grammar.
I think that someday i will buy it .. Sometimes, I use to write some Gobbledygook in my threads or posts, although then Peder or Beer good help me and it doesn't seem a chaos .. Thanks Peder & Beer good !! :)

I'm reading Wired editor Frank Rose's The Art Of Immersion - How the digital generation is remaking Hollywood, Madison Avenue, and the way we tell stories. Fascinating so far, tracing the way movies, television, games and social networks have become and (most likely) will continue to become more intermingled.

The Year of the Goat:40,000 Miles and the Quest for the Perfect Cheese-Margaret Hathaway

I'm not sure, but I think I knew Ms Hathaway's mother back when I was an 18 yr old freshman at Wichita State University. I think I'll send an email to inquire if her mom is an English professor, and if she ever had a giant letter M taped on her classroom window so her daughter could spot Mom's window from the daycare center across the street...Anyway, the book is interesting, even if one has no desire to raise goats or make cheese.

Darwin et les fossiles : Histoire d'une réconciliation, Lionel Cavin .
L'anti-Jurassic Park - Faire parler l'ADN fossile, Ludovic Orlando .
Géologues et Paléontologues : de la passion à la profession - Jean Gaudant , François-Dominique de Larouzière , Claude Babin , Michel Durand-Delga .

amyboox.f6m.fr_images_livres_reference_0012_17_9782825709573FS.gif

Last edited:
Back