• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Currently Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have finished Good Omens, gosh it's good, and am now a few chapters into The DaVinci Code. We'll see which camp I fall into. :D

Currently reading The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks (yes, Martin, Banks!!) and its ... well .... educational :) I never knew there was ANY use for adders ;)

Phil

Ashlea said:
Have finished Good Omens, gosh it's good, and am now a few chapters into The DaVinci Code. We'll see which camp I fall into. :D

One of my all time favs! I have read that at least 8 times :D

Phil's ass said:
Currently reading The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks (yes, Martin, Banks!!) and its ... well .... educational I never knew there was ANY use for adders

Phil

And it only get's better :D

Are you still plodding your way though Reality Dysfunction? If so, how does it compare to Fallen Dragon?

Regards
SillyWabbit

phil_t said:
Currently reading The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks (yes, Martin, Banks!!) and its ... well .... educational :) I never knew there was ANY use for adders ;)

Phil

Are you pulling my leg? :D

Yep, I'm reading it too Phil. Only a third of the way through but hope to get it finished soon.

RaVeN

What do you think of it?

Have you reached the the bit
Where he blows up his brother? DAMN funny, if you are sick and twisted... and I am :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

Oh yeah ive got to that bit, its sooooo damn nasty!! But quite funny and touching too, that he didnt want him to suffer!!

So, this guy is a tad of a psychopath, right! :D

Anyway, finished Reality Dysfunction & Perdido Street Station, enjoyed them both very much (so much, in fact, that i bought The Scar and the Neutronium Alchemist straight away :)) - Reality Dysfunction was a bit different to Fallen Dragon, it shows that its a series as you cant really tell where the plot is heading yet - but i'll be sure to enjoy the journey!!

Phil

Great ending to Reality Dysfunction, right? :)

The next book gets really, well. wild and a little strange lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
Great ending to Reality Dysfunction, right? :)

There is in my head. In my head there's a fantastic ending. Maybe I should write it down and sell it as an alternative.

I know people that found the Night's Dawn trilogy boring. Their lives must be scary as hell.

Ha!! I cant actually remember the ending!! :D

Ive read two books since then and the details tend to fade rather quickly til i pick up the next in the series when i'll remember again :)

Phil

Somewhere on the board last week I came across a discussion of Haruki Murakami. I'd never read anything by him, so I picked up Norwegian Wood on Saturday. I'm not too far into it yet, but I really like it so far. Thanks for turning me on to him. :)

I just finished Memoirs of a Geisha and decided to try something safer. :)
I was in the middle of re-reading the Arthurian saga by Mary Stewart when I picked up Geisha. I wanted something to slow me down. I am now on The Last Enchantment. I read these books so long ago that they are almost new to me now. They go too quickly though! I'll have to try one of these contemporary novels mentioned here next. How do we find out what novel will be the "novel of the month"?

tugger said:
Haruki Murakami.

I read a quarter of the South of the Border, West of the Sun, today. I like it's simple, easy to read style. I like the 'honesty' of the narrator. I like the imperfect characters - so believable.

And I like THE FEEL OF THE AUTHOR'S NAME ON THE COVER.
*oops - might have mentioned that before* :)

Third Man Girl

third man girl said:
I read a quarter of the South of the Border, West of the Sun, today. I like it's simple, easy to read style. I like the 'honesty' of the narrator. I like the imperfect characters - so believable.

Same with Norwegian Wood. He makes it easy to like him as a writer. I wonder if the same translator worked on both books?

And I like THE FEEL OF THE AUTHOR'S NAME ON THE COVER.
*oops - might have mentioned that before* :)

I'm totally jealous! :mad: :D

Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut. Don't know how it's taken this long and halfway through I really wish I'd made the effort earlier. Still, sometimes you're just not ready for a book 'til later...

Nope. Jay Rubin.

:mad:

But, you know, tonight while I'm trying to read mine, I'll keep thinking about you reading yours. I won't be able to concentrate at all! :eek:

You're killing me, you know that. ;)

Currently reading How Late It Was, How Late by James Kelman. Its so uplifting in a kind of very depressing way. Or is it melancholic in a sort of ecstatic way? Anyway, its a bit like Pat Metheny turning Malone Dies into a jazz opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back