• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

Hi there :)

I'm actually reading the "The Da Vinci Code" Right now :) I'm about page 70 something at the moment. Right now, I'm enjoying it a lot. Very fast paced and easy read. I hope I continue to enjoy it as much!

Originally posted by SillyWabbit
Hi there :)

I'm actually reading the "The Da Vinci Code" Right now :) I'm about page 70 something at the moment. Right now, I'm enjoying it a lot. Very fast paced and easy read. I hope I continue to enjoy it as much!
Let us know when you start to research stuff from the book on-line! LOL.

Originally posted by corythosaurus
Let us know when you start to research stuff from the book on-line! LOL.

LOL Already have! Not much coz of time restraints :) But I will research more when I have the time!!! It's a very good book and keeps me turning the page wanting to know what is going to happen next! Up to page 111 lol

Regards
That sleepy ol Wabbit

Da Vinci Code is (in theory) out in paperback today (in the UK at least)!!! So you must all go out and buy it ..... unless you dont want to of course ... or have better things to do with your time (surely not!) :)

Phil

When I passed Borders Bookstore yesterday (well, I went in; I couldn't just walk past a book store) they were selling the paperback edition for £3.49. There were so many copies of the book all over the place (and obviously a lot more sold during the day) that I was tempted to call in Rentokil :D

I have read so much about The Da Vinci Code on this site, that I decided to find out what the fuss is all about. :rolleyes:

So I ordered the paperback through my book shop last week. I can pick it up this friday, I hope.

I'll keep you posted....:cool:

:) Hobitten

I notice that there's no reviews for this book on the site so I've been inspired to write a review. :)

I won't slate it this time but what did you think of the ending?

I thought the dropping to his knees in the Louvre as he realised the truth about the Grail was a slice of hypocrisy on Langdon's behalf as he said earlier in the text that most people are naive to believe the Grail was a cup or any such object...but a prayer to bones is still an object; no matter how abstracted.

I thought Brown missed an opportunity in the ending that would have been totally acceptable due to foreshadowing and the title of the book. Basically, rather than drop to his knees I thought it would be good if he came upon the La Gioconda again and, in searching for the Grail, came to understand her knowing smile. It would certainly have given Da Vinci the last word.

I think at the end, Langdon was so overawed with the fact that he was standing on the site of the grail, and that he knew a secret which most people either don't know about or refuse to even think about, that he couldn't physically stand any longer.

I think a twist on the Da Vince theme would have been a good one.

La Gioconda?

Well ... this is interesting!

Haha, made you look!! That'll teach you for posting those spoiler boxes all over the place!

Cheers, Martin :D

Back