• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code

My GOD is this still alive???? :eek: lol

I really can's see why this book is hated SO much apart from that people love to engage intellectual superiorism! Ohhh, I would never read that as I am far to clever! That book is only for the stupid people that don't understand history and blah blah blah.

OK, it's clearly a very silly book. It's a silly book, but it's fun. You know... fun?

I wouldn't say I hated this book, but the reason I disliked it so much was because of the incredible hype. It's been all over every book website, and copies and displays of disgusting proportions have infested my favorite bookstores. It gets glowing reviews as the best book EVAH by people who read maybe 2 books a year (not including the JC Crew catalog) and everyone is going ape-shyte over the upcoming movie. And it just wasn't that good. I felt cheated. Just because something is controversial doesn't make it good (insert Michael Moore reference here)...oops that just slipped out.

Well, yeah, I know what you are saying. It's just about reaches the OK mark and nothing more than that. It is irritating when a book is shoved down our throats with hype and even more so when millions are buying a very average book on the say so of said hype.

kasuta said:
I wouldn't say I hated this book, but the reason I disliked it so much was because of the incredible hype. It's been all over every book website, and copies and displays of disgusting proportions have infested my favorite bookstores. It gets glowing reviews as the best book EVAH by people who read maybe 2 books a year (not including the JC Crew catalog) and everyone is going ape-shyte over the upcoming movie. And it just wasn't that good. I felt cheated. Just because something is controversial doesn't make it good (insert Michael Moore reference here)...oops that just slipped out.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say! (Even on the Moore remark). :D

My sentiments exactly.

SillyWabbit said:
My GOD is this still alive?

I think it's good that it's still alive and on one thread. Much better than your excitable posting masturbations :D (e.g. Exorcist Bunnies, Titanic Bunnies, Alien Bunnies, Shining Bunnies - 4 threads when one should concern films made with bunnies.) :cool:

It's a silly book, but it's fun. You know... fun?

It's not about fun. If you want fun when reading read humour or comics. This is an arsehole of an author being made popular by a hype machine when his talent amounts to less than a brick.

Abulafia said:
I think it's good that it's still alive and on one thread. Much better than your excitable posting masturbations :D (e.g. Exorcist Bunnies, Titanic Bunnies, Alien Bunnies, Shining Bunnies - 4 threads when one should concern films made with bunnies.) :cool:

As I said, intellectual superiorism :rolleyes: :p

It's not about fun. If you want fun when reading read humour or comics. This is an arsehole of an author being made popular by a hype machine when his talent amounts to less than a brick.

You need to learn the simple distinction between "fact" and "Stew's opinion."

I'm not, it's not an insult. It's an observation of his behaviour, in my humble opinion. I challenge you to say it's otherwise :D

*applauds*

:D

Anyway, back to the little-debated topic of Dan Brown. So, what do we really think?

Cheers

Back